Volvo warning symbols

our 57 volvos always have WATER IN FUEL on the dash .
today i had a 07 with a diesel pump with what looked like water droplets next to it .
i assumed it was just symbols instead of writing showing water in fuel.
is that correct ta

:laughing:

yes rob , and dont say no fuel because i checked that, so what is it oh great one

Well my ‘57’ plate FH has a different one everyday.

I’ve given up reporting the errors now.

As long as it isn’t red, doesn’t say ‘STOP’, and the truck will move, I just ignore them all. Because I bet you Volvo won’t know what’s up either, and I guarantee you they won’t know how to fix it.

thanks f.f , only ever get water in fuel on our 57, s, first time ive seen that symbol ut ill just ignore it then

There should be a switch on the dash somewhere with the same symbol on it and there is a procedure for getting rid of the water by using this switch. I can’t remember exactly what the procedure is but my last two trucks had the switch and the instructions are in the manual.

Coffeeholic:
There should be a switch on the dash somewhere with the same symbol on it and there is a procedure for getting rid of the water by using this switch. I can’t remember exactly what the procedure is but my last two trucks had the switch and the instructions are in the manual.

I know this switch. Had it on my ‘05’ FM. Not in my current FH though.

it is only telling you the molecular structure of the fluid in the fuel tank thats all

With the vovlvos we had they had to go back to the garage to have something done with the fuel to clear the fault .

Coffeeholic:

which is the annoying bit coffee , all the manuals have been taken out ,thats the problem with fleet motors and not your own.
when i got my new m.a.n i could always check the manual as it was my truck , now its just a guessing game

Coffeeholic:

You can go into the computer via the dash to get rid of the water theres a program in one of the menus,(57 plate)carnt remember the title in the menu though.After activating it look underneath the volvo and you should see a small pool of water.Sorry to be a bit vague!

I got that icon a couple of times on the first wave of Volvos we had, not had it in months though now. I just ignored it as it ran fine, and defected when I got back. There is no switch on the dashboard with that icon on (not that I can recall seeing anyway), however I know the stick controlled menus in the info centre usually bring up 6 different pages when you’re moving and 13 when you’re stopped, so when your stopped it’s probably under the diagnostics one if that’s how you do it, the other menus are mainly dash settings/preferences and fleet management stuff that’s not accessable, never tried to do it myself though.

i thought you just turned the ignition to the first position, and then hold in the button on the dash with that symbol on it, then the symbol appears on the dash and does its business.
Quite frankly, id just ignore it…

I wouldn’t . Water in diesel is never a good thing for the lines and pump,never mind the unseen damage being done on compression , water won’t combust.
Too much water starts ■■■■■■■ engines up , starting with the pistons and then the knock on effect onto the rods etc …

we ran some fh’s for a while but they’re gone now…(thank fully).
it does mean that the bowl in the bottom of the fuel filter is full of water…BUT the sludge that builds up there normally blocks the opening that allows the water out when you operate the switch…so a new fuel filter is the best way forward.(clean the bowl out at the same time).always did it for us.