Dangerous Goods Placards

Question■■? You are hauling a steel container and it is ■■■■■■■ down rain. How do you make the placards stick on when wet. Sometimes just a problem with damp getting them to stay on. I have lost some going down the road. Any suggestions please! Thanks All!!

stick a set of placards to a piece of wood or metal in the dry and tie them to the container.

it mite not be good but have you thought of using Leaner plates with the magnets on and sticking them over them and you could use them again

Hi Ric ive had the same problem, what I do is dry the area you want to put the sticker with a rag or something then put it on, or use some glue that normally works. If its raining that bad ask for some spares in case you do lose one

When i was on containers the company (maritime)used to supply the driver with spray adhesive,this worked whether the box was dry or wet.

wallpaper paste and a brush or Acronal, (Latex)

Davnic:
stick a set of placards to a piece of wood or metal in the dry and tie them to the container.

No good. They have to be on the actual box or it’ll get refused at the terminal.

I had the same problem when i was on Container Tanks.
You should buy a can of spray on glue! . :wink:
Go easy on it if you have to take them off again.

Davnic:

Hi Davnic, Sorry mate, but that wouldn’t work. :frowning:

Placards must be applied directly to the container in such a way as they can’t fall off. Since containers containing dangerous goods must be marked on both sides, plus the front and rear, there’d be nowhere to tie the placards. :wink:

For the same reason, delboytwo’s idea wouldn’t be acceptable either.

The best method of fixing the placards is the adhesive (sprayed or brushed) as mentioned by other posters. :smiley:

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!!! Just the kind of advice I needed. I knew you would all come through. Real bunch of good tips!!!