DAF XF Cab Bushes

Hi all.
just wondering has anybobdy got any tips to stop the cab bushes wearing so quickly. I drive a 2003 XF sc with around 650,000km on the clock.they are gonna need replacing soon enough so can i do anything to prolong their life.Unfortunately i have no auto greaser so I usually use the hand greaser every few days.The noise and the rattling is awful but when you grease her it’s like driving a brand new one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Get new bushes fitted and DAF do an auto greaser solely for these bushes.Get them fitted at the same time.All our fleet have been fitted with them and they seem to work well.
Will try and get a photo posted.

Sounds like they are already knackered,
You’re doing all that is possible.
I’d get them replaced and have an autolube fitted.

As you can see in the top photo,they do work.Can get a bit messy :unamused: :laughing:

buy a scania…problem solved !!

DOUGHNUT:

and then just wait for the bottom mounting on the cab suspension air bag to snap off :confused:

Highlander:

As you can see in the top photo,they do work.Can get a bit messy :unamused: :laughing:

i have just fitted the same as these on a 2005 SuperSpace Cab and can confirm that they work well :smiley:

DOUGHNUT:

couldnt agree more :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DOUGHNUT wrote:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
not a hope mate,i’ll keep driving my XF for another few years yet.

thanks lads.they look like they could do the job.are the available from a DAF dealer■■?
i’ll pass this info onto the boss man,hopefully he might do something about it.
you should try and drive over here on some of our brutal main roads with knackered bushes…not very nice :angry: :angry: :angry: plenty of banging noises.

why why why why why why are you even interested…? :laughing:

defect it job done :open_mouth:

if you own it …then sell it :blush:

they are available from DAF main dealers.

i think that they are about £70, easy enough to fit, you will have to remove the headlamp panel to get the 90 degree union into the end of the cab mounting pin, then it is just a simple case of push fit connectors.

how is the grease pumped through■■?
looking at the photo i couldn’t see any airline connected to it.so how’s it done or am i just overlooking something really simple :blush: :blush:

Don’t really know,but I’d assume there’s a spring inside the cylinder pushing the grease out :question:

dunno if this helps, and bear with me, my mechanical knowledge is pants.

the firm i just left, has all daf fleet, i had a95xf super space cab, 55 plate, and it was always going, each service, it got greased, but 2 days later, the knocking was back.
one night whilst waiting too get the bilbao, an owner driver, who does car transporters too spain and back, started chatting with me.
asked me if the cab was “knocky”
turns out, he used too run them, and had exact same problem. due too the cab be set slightly too high, (look at the cab below the grill) and said it was adjustable.
next time it went in for service, told the fitters, they had a look, and got it sorted. it was fine from then on.

dunno if this helps, and bear with me, my mechanical knowledge is pants.

the firm i just left, has all daf fleet, i had a95xf super space cab, 55 plate, and it was always going, each service, it got greased, but 2 days later, the knocking was back.
one night whilst waiting too get the bilbao, an owner driver, who does car transporters too spain and back, started chatting with me.
asked me if the cab was “knocky”
turns out, he used too run them, and had exact same problem. due too the cab be set slightly too high, (look at the cab below the grill) and said it was adjustable.
next time it went in for service, told the fitters, they had a look, and got it sorted. it was fine from then on.

now that you say that i remember a lad telling about adjusting the height of the cab alright…actually thought he was talking nonsence :laughing: :laughing:

i’ll pass it all on to the boss.he’s not too sure about keeping my wagon or not.i don’t think he’ll be buying any new ones for quiet a while with the way things are over here.anyway i don’t want to be bumped down to a 01 FH12…hate the ■■■■■■ things. :imp: :imp: give me my XF with it’s rattly bushes anyday :smiley: :smiley:

baz.snn:
how is the grease pumped through■■?
looking at the photo i couldn’t see any airline connected to it.so how’s it done or am i just overlooking something really simple :blush: :blush:

It has a battery fitted in one side which controls a timer to release the grease.
Only thing is when there empty they are non refillable! Its buy new i`m afraid.

It has a battery fitted in one side which controls a timer to release the grease.
Only thing is when there empty they are non refillable! Its buy new i`m afraid.

ah,thats no good so if they are non-refillable.especially when you have plenty of buckets of grease back in the yard.my boss is dead sound,but i don’t think he’d want to be paying each time for a new one.

looks like i’ll probably stick to my hand pump and do it myself every few days.
will have to get new bushes fitted soon anyway.

there is a timer on the back of them, it can be set at eithr 3,6,9 or 12 months life span

so, £70 for a 12 month life span and to protect the cab montings is pretty good to me

there is a timer on the back of them, it can be set at eithr 3,6,9 or 12 months life span

so, £70 for a 12 month life span and to protect the cab montings is pretty good to me

oh right …i didn’t think they would last up to that length of time.that sounds ok to me alright.
i must ring our local DAF dealer in Galway so.see what price they will look for it.
no doubt it will be a lot more expensive in Ireland compared to the UK…it always is :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: …unless you are buying diesel,it’s so much cheaper here. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
it can be got for about €1.10 on the pump price at the moment…i suppose thats about £0.90 maybe. whats the pump price over with you lads now■■?

Have them on ours they work great, set for 12 months life, and replaced at annual service, simple.