CV Template

jimti:
Your office software should have templates for a CV, Microsoft Office/works have them on line as well.
office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templ … 44894.aspx

This is the better way to create a professional CV. But if you want to get created any attention seeker kind of CV/resume, following sites allows you to get it done within minutes with magnificent templates. Some sites do not charge a cent while some charges few.

Have a look at:
cvtemplate.co.uk/‎
cvpro.co.nz

Google is also your friend here…

RWhite25:

jimti:
Your office software should have templates for a CV, Microsoft Office/works have them on line as well.

This is the better way to create a professional CV. But if you want to get created any attention seeker kind of CV/resume, following sites allows you to get it done within minutes with magnificent templates. Some sites do not charge a cent while some charges few.

Have a look at:
cvtemplate.co.uk/‎
cvpro.co.nz

Bizarre!

You join a forum and within a few hours discover and comment on an obscure post that is nearly four years on from when anybody last commented on it!

Vested interest mayhaps?

Can anyone help me with my CV please?

I know all my details, just dont know the best way to put it together, can anyone help me out?
Whats the best way to present it to get maximum effect.

Thanks.

Have a look here,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59595

Here’s something I put together before. HTH. :smiley:

CV no more than 2 sides of A4. Keep it all consice.

Contact details 1st. Big and bold.

Rather than call it an introduction how about Profile, use this to summarise
your experience to date, include a few details about what you currently do.
However keep this to no more than 6 lines, there is a trick coming up :wink: .

Qualifications and education next, forget primary school, just secondary and beyond.
School attended and dates, years for this are fine i.e. 1981 - 1987 and do it in order
of college/uni back to secondary school. Add a few lines at the end expanding on the
college/uni stuff.

Training, any vocational training, again if there is a lot, then refer to the trick.

Work Experience, start with your current job and working back. Write the most
about your current job, then no more than a line about others. Again years for this
are fine. If there are gaps i.e unemployed then say that.

Personal stuff, dob, kids, married, good health etc, etc.

Liesure, hobbies.

The last 2 should be no more than 1 line.

Now for the trick :smiley: if you have a long list of qualifications then add
an appendix to your CV and refer to it in your profile. Also tailor the CV
to the job ad i.e if they want ADR make you sure you you mention it
in your profile.

The covering letter is just as important as the CV and should highlight
your recent skils and experience, tailor it to the job ad or if it’s an
‘on spec’ than tailor it to the company and what they do, why you
want to work for them.

Remember the CV and letter are only get them interested in
seeing you face to face, so finally don’t lie on them you
will be caught out.

Thanks that helped alot. Ive got a fair few good points to sell about myself and driving quals, so I will get that sorted tomorrow :slight_smile:

if you are claiming jsa then you can get your cv done for free and it does look very good plus you get the cv on a CD

Im working full time, just fed up with the place now. I will get a cv done this weekend.