Customs searches

[zb] fed up with english customs at the train at calais, in the last three weeks ive come through calais and been pulled in about 8 times, the last time was four hours and total strip out, they say that english subbies are high on their list to look at, im on fridge work, never any history for anything with them, clean motor, i know they have there jobs to do but its getting silly now, lost my rag with them last time so that wont help, dont they realise that the subbie loses every thing if he gets caught doing somthing wrong, the jobs hard enough without this hassle.

write to the head office outlining the problems that they are causing you.
Tell them how many hours that you have been held up, and you will be seeking compensation.

You would have been officially logged on the their computer database each time you were controlled.With truck details,passport,and load details.You may ask customs to check how many times.Coming up through France,i have been controlled on the motorway by customs motorbikes,at all the ports with a 12 kmh diversion to the x-ray scanner at Le Havre,and missed ferry bookings.Most weeks,i get stopped 3 to 4 times,and having a “Bulletin de control” receipt wont wash when stopped a few hours before.

I suppose it matters where your running in from or if your Reg keeps coming up on their computer for some reason.

I had this same problem a few years ago at Coquelles and got that fed up with it I suggested that as they were all trying to get to Know me so well WHEN would I be getting an invitation to Sunday Lunch :laughing: :laughing: .
When asked what I meant I explained that getting stopped as many as three times a week was getting a bit much the supervisor admitted it was time to update their database.

I now have a similar problem at Folkstone going out where the scanner there has more pictures of my truck than me :question: :question:

I always used to ask “why am I stuck here with Dutch and English trucks when all of the French trucks get waved through”? I did ask how many French trucks had been stopped one day when I was really peed off and got the reply “loads - but thats confidential information” :question: :question: :question:
They are more concerned with a pack of ■■■■ or a pouch of baccy than anything else, I am convinced it is to do with targets, I did write to Customs at Dover in 2003 asking if it was possible to send me the numbers of how many trucks were stopped each year and their nationalities, I think my letter must have been lost in the post, mind you the post hasn’t been today yet…

just arrived home, sat morn, three crossings on the train, stopped twice at calais by english and twice through french scanner, i love it