BBC News: Calais migrants: Truckers fight stowaway fines

Calais migrants: Truckers fight stowaway fines - bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35807136

Could be an interesting case to follow. Frankly I feel if you’ve done everything by the book and there was nothing there in calais, then you turn up in dover and they find someone, is that really your fault? Also what are you meant to do if you do find someone? Get in there yourself and go bare knuckle with a desperate man or men who have travelled half the world and aint giving up now? I’d rather keep my guts inside my body thanks, I hear security at calais isn’t too hot either. Although I’ve not been there personally since 2012 so just going off what others are saying here really.

As I’ve mentioned on here before, we had 18 in the back last October. Heard them banging on the side of the trailer when the lads stopped in a layby. I got them to drive to Clackett Lane (sometimes sevices have a police lodge, this one didn’t as it happened ) and rang the police whilst they were driving there.

Police met us at the services, went round the trailer and neither drivers nor police could figure out how they got it, slight scuff marks on one of the doors ( it’s a hard side, side opening trailer) and that was all. Police interviewed the drivers for three hours and then that was that, not heard anything since. Fingers crossed. Drivers said the coppers were no trouble at all.

If you do what you can, ie park away from Calais, secure the trailer, fill in the checksheet then our experience would suggest that you are in with a good chance of not being fined. The only thing that runs through my mind, is what would have happened if we had been pulled at dover by UKBA, would they have treat the drivers/company differently.

They will receive an invitation to go and speak with UKBA at their nearest passport office, and be interviewed again, and then probably get a fine , just like a mate did, They don’t care about drivers , it the illegals that they want to molly coddle

First at all :grimacing:

If the Authority is aware of any Issues which could cause Danger to me,any other Person,Property or Law.that Authority has the Legal obligation to put Savety back in Place.
That Authority who gets known of such Issue has the Knowledge how to Deal with it,or forward that Matter to an Agent who will deal with it :exclamation:

The,and other,Authority’s has knowledge of that Matter and did not deal with it,leaving me,other Persons,Property and Law in Danger means it,the Authority,is a Failure and needs to be reported,and,in Case of any Damage sueded for the Amount of Damage. Any Punishment to that Authority is matter of Court and,but not only Government :bulb:

ask Questions here:
kspsolicitors.com/online-advice.php

albion:
As I’ve mentioned on here before, we had 18 in the back last October. Heard them banging on the side of the trailer when the lads stopped in a layby. I got them to drive to Clackett Lane (sometimes sevices have a police lodge, this one didn’t as it happened ) and rang the police whilst they were driving there.

Police met us at the services, went round the trailer and neither drivers nor police could figure out how they got it, slight scuff marks on one of the doors ( it’s a hard side, side opening trailer) and that was all. Police interviewed the drivers for three hours and then that was that, not heard anything since. Fingers crossed. Drivers said the coppers were no trouble at all.

If you do what you can, ie park away from Calais, secure the trailer, fill in the checksheet then our experience would suggest that you are in with a good chance of not being fined. The only thing that runs through my mind, is what would have happened if we had been pulled at dover by UKBA, would they have treat the drivers/company differently.

I had ordered the Driver to drive back to Calais and let them out.