Curtain slashers about

Parked overnight in the big layby A1 North near Stamford and had a small smiley ■■■■■ put in my curtain even though the back door was open. The Dutch Trawoger wagon in front of me had the same fate too, and i dare say many others if i had gone to look.

The thieves are fully aware of hauliers carrying high value loads ready for Christmas , with festive food and drink now being stocked in the supermarkets , plus the goodies of mobile phones and computers carried in a tautliner instead of a steel container or box van with a Bulldog security lock on the rear door .
They are cutting curtains looking for a high value haul .

Always been a hotspot there on A1, used to park there years ago but not since i had a curtain slashed about 10 years ago, Alconbury (when it was open), Colsterworth or Markham Moor everytime for me

RIPPER discussing slashed curtains … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

raymundo:
RIPPER discussing slashed curtains … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: What you tryin’ to say■■? :smiley: :smiley:

RIPPER:
Always been a hotspot there on A1, used to park there years ago but not since i had a curtain slashed about 10 years ago, Alconbury (when it was open), Colsterworth or Markham Moor everytime for me

I’m sure there’s secure parking at Alconbury. I sometimes fill up there

I always open my curtains. The stuff I carry is worthless to everybody but the end user and is bloody heavy anyway.

I have same problem with containers

ArcticMonkey:

RIPPER:

Maratime took it over then closed the parking,it’s now a maratime yard now.

only fuel now…

Any layby on the A1 is a diesel fairies, curtian slashers paradise… Also if your boss won’t pay parking serves him right.

biggriffin:

ArcticMonkey:

RIPPER:

only fuel now…

Any layby on the A1 is a diesel fairies, curtian slashers paradise… Also if your boss won’t pay parking serves him right.

Boss does pay parking but i prefer laybys and industrial estates for a better nights sleep and the more i do tramping, the more stubborn i become at not losing my record of having never paid for parking in Truckstop or MSA

ArcticMonkey:
the more stubborn i become at not losing my record of having never paid for parking in Truckstop or MSA

Despite your stubbornness you got off lightly, for the sake of the damage caused, maybe it’s time to start using paid parking

ArcticMonkey:

biggriffin:

ArcticMonkey:

RIPPER:

only fuel now…

Boss does pay parking but i prefer laybys and industrial estates for a better nights sleep and the more i do tramping, the more stubborn i become at not losing my record of having never paid for parking in Truckstop or MSA

I’m sure your boss thinks more of you for putting his truck at risk each night

Past few weeks we’ve had few incidents. Including approx £1000 worth of goods being taken over night.
Driver parked in some layby on a14 . All trucks in layby that night were damaged goods/fuel taken.
I don’t blame driver as such. But he’s the type who drives to the limit and then just parks where ever he can.
I personally plan ahead head go to estate or someware a bit safer than a laybye. I have my own places I know I can park safe and quiet.

Because of this we may be getting paid parking. Fella in office saying we need it. But fella who runs place is refusing saying can’t afford it. So who knows.
I hope we don’t as can’t think of anything worse than having night out in services.

All the noise engines running. coming and.going. being stuck there with nothing to do do see.be like a prisoner for 11 hours.
I much prefer my parking spots where can get out go for a walk round chill out enjoy a decent meal. Etc

ArcticMonkey:

RIPPER:

alconbury is now a maritime depot for there own trucks and subcontractors to them, the fuel station is run by a separate business

Tickles me about the amount of gaffers that wont pay for parking, yet will complain when their insurance goes up.

Ken.

Say you park in services you pay you £20 + or even at truck stops

And you get robbed. Does .there insurance cover you.?
I’m guessing it be a case of in small print terms it’s says we’re not liable.for any theft from veichles.
In which case what you actually paying for then?

Maybe I need buy a plot of land charge you all £20 a time to park over night. And if anything happens to.your load tough luck not my problem.
I’ll juat keep taking you £20

I would think the driver has covered his ■■■ by parking in paid parking, thus reducing the chance of getting sacked because of the load theft, the onus would then be on the employer

[/quote]
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im also sure your boss will think a lot more of you for saving him £150 every week,when theres as much chance of getting robbed at the services as a handy non popular ind est or layby…good man.

dieseldog999:

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im also sure your boss will think a lot more of you for saving him £150 every week,when theres as much chance of getting robbed at the services as a handy non popular ind est or layby…good man.
[/quote]
This exactly

Many insurance companies won’t pay out for damage or theft unless you can prove use of ‘safe and secure’ facilities though god knows where you find them.