Curtain Slashed

Heads up one of our drivers had his curtain slashed whilst parked in a layby on the A57 near Worksop last Friday / Saturday

Thats no surprise, in fact to be expected.

One and only time I had mine slashed was just up the rd on the A1 at Blyth services.
Parked up empty with both doors open too.
On tanks now so no longer an issue :slight_smile:

Who pays for curtain damage?

Pimpdaddy:
Who pays for curtain damage?

Typically the company. Too expensive to claim on the insurance.

The firm pay for repair usually when replacement makes the firm look less like a fly by night herd of ■■■■■

FLIP:
One and only time I had mine slashed was just up the rd on the A1 at Blyth services.
Parked up empty with both doors open too.
On tanks now so no longer an issue :slight_smile:

How thick are some thieves.

Curtain slashers should have their hands chopped off, knick the load mate but don’t damage the tackle!

Insurance we hope, it is a brand new trailer so we would prefer a new curtain

SHYTOT:
Heads up one of our drivers had his curtain slashed whilst parked in a layby on the A57 near Worksop last Friday / Saturday

Would that be the big lay-by near wilkinsons by any chance?
regards dave

Not sure which layby i will ask the driver on Thursday, all he said was a layby on the A57 near Worksop

About time all curtainsiders were consigned to oblivion in this era of walking-floor situations.
All that nasty strapping,wind battered,thief prone rigmorole should be history.Thamk christ for container work. :wink:

I’m surprised he woke up with any diesel parked in that area!!
Always been notorious for curtain cuts and fuel theft!

Retro rob:
I’m surprised he woke up with any diesel parked in that area!!
Always been notorious for curtain cuts and fuel theft!

are curtain slashers :laughing: diesel FAIRIES too! :sunglasses: merry new year peoples! :wink: park safe! :grimacing: :grimacing:

I park round the back of sansburys on the industrial estate never had a problem and I’m usually loaded up with mixed scrap on a drawbar RoRo, but then again I’m usually across the road in the pub having a big fat carvery so I wouldn’t know if I was getting robbed ha!

Young_AL:
I park round the back of sansburys on the industrial estate never had a problem and I’m usually loaded up with mixed scrap on a drawbar RoRo, but then again I’m usually across the road in the pub having a big fat carvery so I wouldn’t know if I was getting robbed ha!

I’ve never had a problem there and the grub in that pub is spot on :smiley:

Yep, I’ve had curtains slashed at Blythe services, paying for secure parking what a joke :imp: only loaded with waste so they would have been disappointed :smiling_imp:

Forrestgrump:
Yep, I’ve had curtains slashed at Blythe services, paying for secure parking what a joke :imp: only loaded with waste so they would have been disappointed :smiling_imp:

blyth services aint secure parking but charge as though they are.

How much does it cost to park at Blyth Services

SHYTOT:
How much does it cost to park at Blyth Services

About 20 quid like the rest of the ■■■■ holes