Credit where it’s due

Ran up to Dunfermline on Monday afternoon, one of the lads running with us noticed an inner rear tyre puncture when we stopped at Southwaight services. Rang Ossett tyres to try get something sorted @19:05, bloke turned up @10 minutes later and @ 19:40 it was ready to roll.

Who said you cannot deal with the small independents, back on the road within your 45! :open_mouth:

cant fault it!

the other week on the bulk, a nice guy rolled up alongside me on the m25 to tell me i had a puncture, the company called someone out to meet me at a quarry, i was there about 20 mins before he rolled up to sort it out (and i was about 10 mins earlier than what i said i would peobably be there too)

always think you get a better service from the smaller independant companies

So what is/are the “correct/understood” signals to make to inform another, that they have a deflate/puncture, whilst in motion?

Well being on the tippers muckshifting,we tend to get more punctures than most,we use a very good company in birmingham called avenue tyres, to let others know they have a puncture,we tend to blast them to get there attention them point to the back and then squash your 2 hands together or if theres a brick stuck in there back tyres then its pointing to a clenched fist then do a circle motion with your finger resemberling a tyre,self explainatry really

Would that be the same Ossett as this one? :smiley:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ken.

Tagoat:
So what is/are the “correct/understood” signals to make to inform another, that they have a deflate/puncture, whilst in motion?

does there need to be a specific one? if a fellow trucker is obviously trying to get your attention and points at your truck, chances are, there is a problem :wink:

Tagoat:

No Idea why have you?

but when we’ve stopped for a 45 on the services, it’s tradional for one driver to say to tother, ere i got a bluddy big hole in yon tyre, must be just a yorkshire thing :unamused:

Particularly when you last saw him 2 hours ago in the yard, and you’ll next see him in the morning when you tip him :open_mouth:

as soon as youve overtaken him pull back in quickly b4 he gets a chance to flash you in, and then slow down to tesco speed, then he will pull out to overtake you as soon as he is almost level with you hit the limiter again and wait until he pulls back in behind you then drop back down to tesco speed again…Repeat until you see a services then pull into said services he will follow and when you are both stopped he will get out and come over to you to rip you out a new A’ hole, string you up and plaster you all over the service area just tell him about his tyre then ■■■■ off real quick :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I passed an artic in my car this morning on the way home. I spotted he had no rear plate, so I pulled alongside and while trying not to hit the central barrier and ducking down so he could see me (MAN TGA > Sierra) I gave a couple of beeps on the horn, and pointed backwards while shouting “rear plate”.
I don’t think he could hear me, but I was pleased when I got a thumbs up and he made a face that I interpreted as “I Know !” :open_mouth:

Try the old fashioned drivers way. As you pass, flash your lights & tap the horn, hold your hand out palm down, wave it slowly, point to the back. He/She should get the message something’s wrong back there.
Alex