CPC periodic training, sorry

I know this has been asked about to death, but I just need to check I’m not about to make a complete hash of this. I already have C+E from 2 years ago and therefore acquired rights. I intend doing my bus test in the near future (already got provisional and theory tests done, and D1). Apparently I still only need to do 35 hours training in five years and can more or less choose which modules to do.

This is the bit I’m worried about. Presumably a prospective employer can check with DVLA what modules you have actually done so you can’t tell them a load of bollo to get a job. What’s to stop someone saying “Ah, but you’ve only done 14 hours of training for this because you did 3 days of the other, it’s not good enough when these other guys have done 35 hours, you speccy git!”? Okay, maybe not the last bit. In fact, what’s to stop DVLA saying I’ve not spent enough time on one entitlement or the other?

And which modules to do-are any of them compulsory? Sorry If this is a stupid thing to ask but the official website is a load of cack. I need to keep my options open so I don’t want to go too heavily towards one or the other.

PS I work nights. I’m away down the slightly damp M6 tonight

This site has done a post on this - THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC which may help.

Speccy71:
Presumably a prospective employer can check with DVLA what modules you have actually done

NOPE

Speccy71:
I intend doing my bus test in the near future (already got provisional and theory tests done, and D1). Apparently I still only need to do 35 hours training in five years

CORRECT

Speccy71:
can more or less choose which modules to do.

CORRECT

Speccy71:
are any of them compulsory?

NOPE

Hope that all helps

Speccy71:
I know this has been asked about to death, but I just need to check I’m not about to make a complete hash of this. I already have C+E from 2 years ago and therefore acquired rights. I intend doing my bus test in the near future (already got provisional and theory tests done, and D1).

If your D1 has a 101 code restriction then you will also have to do the PCV INITIAL DRIVER CPC