CPC National & International

Right, Before anyone says anything. Last time I posted in this bit I was 15 & I apologise for being the annoying kid :laughing: But I was enthusiastic and I still am :wink:

Now, What I want to know, basically if i stay on at college next year, I am wondering if it’s possible to get somebody in to teach me the stuff for the CPC National & International if agreed by my college. As I would like to get the CPC National & International behind me as it’s something less I have to worry about and if i should decide to go into owning my own truck,( I know a bit optimistic but I do have a point!!) I don’t have to look to my dad at using his CPC. Any help would be fantastic, it isn’t a wind up. I am actually being serious as this is something I take lightly. Just an enquiry!! & if i can basically how much it’s going to cost me. Thanks for your time!!!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I think your best bet would be to do the home study course. as it would be a lot cheaper and your not in any great rush. If I was you I would study units 1 & 2 take the exam as these are the easier one’s then if you pass these then study real hard for unit 4 and when you pass this then go for unit 6 (international) don’t do what I tried to do and do all 4 at once as you will more than likely fail, as it’s just too much to take in.
I passed units 1 & 2 in June of last year after taking all 4 exams on the same day, then took 4 & 6 in September and passed 6 then took unit 4 in December and finely passed. I wish you all the luck as there is lot of hard work ahead of you.

Cheers mate,
I think I’ll see about doing it that way then. It’s just a way of keeping me busy during my ‘free’ periods at college, keep me off of here and annoying folk :laughing: But definitely thanks, I didn’t know that you could do the units seperate, I know about 1,2 & 4 for the national they are the main ones, so long as I have the national CPC behind me I’m happy, but having the international CPC behind me would be a great confidence booster and also add onto the list of my ‘business’ qualifications.

Thanks again!! :grimacing:

Cheers

Hi Jonny,
I’ve just sat my CPC National in March and i’m waiting on the results now. When we started the course we were told that we only had till the end of this year to sit our International because they are changing the CPC exam to 1 exam which includes everything! That was from the RHA but I haven’t seen anything else written down to back that up, so if I was you i’d phone around and find out for definate and see if anyone knows what the syllabus is going to be for the new exam style.
Hope that helps!!!

There was a young girl in one of the trade magazines who had just sat her nat & int CPC and at the time was the youngest ever person to pass them both. Although her parents had a transport business and she had grown up with lorries, somebody may remember the name.

Davand - Hi, Good luck on the CPC National I hope you get the results you’re after It would be cool if you got some written information to back what them folk said about the CPC exam changing to one exam, because for all we know it could be the same old stuff you here in transport cafe’s from drivers talking a load of nonsense. I was talking to someone from Skills for Logistics couple years ago at the Crofton truckfest about the CPC and how he knew the bloke who taught the CPC at my old college, which I WAS going to do but never got the chance to because of my old college screwing me over, but i won’t go into that now as I simply cannot be bothered dragging up the crap that’s happened in the past. But I shall be sending a few emails and making a few phone calls, hopefully I will get the verdict back from my tutor tomorrow about the status of my application form, whether I would be able to have someone private in college to teach me the stuff for the CPC. But at the moment I’m being messed around again by this college, Cause trouble everywhere I bloody go me :laughing: :laughing:

But yes that did help me, cheers for that mate. Constructive criticism and helpful advice I can learn from which is why in the past year and a half of getting back onto this forum I’ve learnt a lot from just reading the stuff on this forum alone so thanks for the advice and for everyone who has helped me on here I couldn’t thank enough!!

Wheel Nut - I remember reading that article, i think it was in the T&D i’m not sure. But I just wanted to know as I would like to have both National & International CPC’s behind me as it would be good to have them behind me if i ever did decide to ‘bite the bullet’ and go out owning my own truck but it also looks good to potential employers. I know owning my own truck is a LONG LONG time away, but I am optimistic and I do like to think of the future. But I’m not after the ‘youngest cpc holder’ I just want the CPC’s behind me :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers