CPC course with Sterling

I took my class 2 with sterling back in Febuary because i was told about there “free artic course” .Cant really fault them for my class 2 training but i do have a few concerns about this so called free artic course. Should i just press on reading this cpc book they gave me try and pass the exam even though im told the exam will cost me a few hundred pounds. Im also a little worried about the fact that they use wagon and drag. The only other option i have is to pay for the class 1 myself im really not sure which i should do ive been thinking about this for weeks now .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone know of any good training in midlands licester area?

do you want a CPC (Road Haulage) ? Are you thinking of owning your own truck or working in a Transport office ?

have a read HERE

Wagon and drag is perfectly acceptable for class 1 test, even the little 12 tonners with an 8 ton tailer. You just have to be aware that it will be a completely kettle of fish whn you drive the “real” stuff

I did my training with Qualitas (now part of sterling) and had the same quandry.
3 pages into the cpc book decided it for me :wink:

as denis has said, don’t confuse their cpc with the upcoming drivers cpc. They are 2 completely different things. unless you are thinking of becoming an o/d, you won’t need the former

im in the exact same boat as you mate.

I was drawn into buying the Class C with CPC and free arctic course. After seeing the C+E wagons using draw bar i was less then impressed.

I have now forked out for additional C+E training with a different training supplier.

Paul :smiley:

Most training schools use a wagon and drag to save on expenses. It is perfectly legal to pass your test on a W&D then drive an artic as they are now both the same class but I do agree that they handle very differently.
What does not make sense to me is that I trained a guy who had a Cat C+E licence with a restriction on it as he had the old ‘grandfathers rights’ for a wagon and drag. He needed the ‘full’ licence as he had been offered a job on Artics.
i was working for a company who only used wagon and drag and that is what we used to get him through his test - which he passed.
This sgave him the licence to drive artics.
So basically, he trained on a vehicle he already had a licence for to pass the test so that he could then drive a vehicle he had never actually thad a go at driving!!
Makes no sense whatsoever does it. :open_mouth:

Semtex:
Wagon and drag is perfectly acceptable for class 1 test, even the little 12 tonners with an 8 ton tailer. You just have to be aware that it will be a completely kettle of fish whn you drive the “real” stuff

on the other hand there are people who took their test in a “real” lorry ( merc 1728 and a 35 ft tandem axle flat trailer) and have only driven wag & drag since :wink:

( or wag & caravan for the ex pat living in a european country slightly south of here)
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PTC8:
im in the exact same boat as you mate.

I was drawn into buying the Class C with CPC and free arctic course. After seeing the C+E wagons using draw bar i was less then impressed.Paul :smiley:

And I did the same 4 years ago.Paying £200 for a £24.99 book :open_mouth: :imp: :imp:
I have said so many times on here before STERLINGS ARE A ■■■■■■■ RIP OFF dont do it.
they look good in the glossy brochure they send you with the PROPER Artics in there ,but in reality they use the smallest puddle jumpers they can get away with and put a trailer you could put on your car on the back.

If your gonna train with Sterling just do the licences,dont go for any of their money making rip-off ADD ONS ,especially the CPC

wouldn’t it make sense for the dsa to make a requirement for it to be at least a 4x2 trac with a 25ft box on the back just like they made it a requirement for 8 forward gears, at least that way people get proper training on artics and then they can drive any w&d? does that any make sense at all?