County / town reg plates

Can you remember the old prefixes on the reg plates prior to the new style we have now
my home town of Hull had TRH PKH HRH KAT etc, etc. Cn you remember your Town or City as when I was driving
I could recognise some like Preston Lancs had the prefix PRN etc from the rear reg plate

Regards
Best wishes for Xmas and New Year
Kenny

sgt major roadworks:
Can you remember the old prefixes on the reg plates prior to the new style we have now
my home town of Hull had TRH PKH HRH KAT etc, etc. Cn you remember your Town or City as when I was driving
I could recognise some like Preston Lancs had the prefix PRN etc from the rear reg plate

Regards
Kenny

Hiya Kenny,any snow at your end then? Preston also used CK,Barrow was EO,■■■■■■■■■■ was AO & RM with Carlisle using HH,Westmorland was EC & JM.Lancashire used a few TB,TC,TD,TE and IIRC Liverpool was LV.Cheers Dennis.

Hi I remember Rotherham ET Barnsley HE Sheffield used WA WB and i think WE

I remember bolton were i lived the prefixes were ABN or AWH
regards dave.

Hiya Berwick…the potteries is VT it was requested so i was told V is for 5… T is for town… Five towns
also… re…rf…eh…fa…I honestly don,t no what FA stands for…the number plate RR1 was sold in 1951
for £10,000 to HR Owen rolls dealers that was some money to hand out.
JCB(diggers)got JCB1-----to---- JCB10 on ten new vespa scooters from yorkshire for no extra charge
all reps vehicles…My first car a reliant 3 wheeler was XYF6 i give ten pounds for her and never saved the plate
John

Radnorshire was FO.Herefordshire was CJ and VJ.Shropshire was AW NT UX and UJ.
Cheers Dave.

Caernarfonshire had CC and JC . Anglesey was EY. Meirionethshire used FF.

Bewick:

sgt major roadworks:

Regards
Kenny

Hiya Kenny,any snow at your end then? Preston also used CK,Barrow was EO,■■■■■■■■■■ was AO & RM with Carlisle using HH,Westmorland was EC & JM.Lancashire used a few TB,TC,TD,TE and IIRC Liverpool was LV.Cheers Dennis.

Hi Bewick
Snow nearly all gone now beleive it or not it is thawing here at a tropical +3 shaorts weather compared to last week
Regards
Kenny

sgt major roadworks:

Bewick:

sgt major roadworks:

Regards
Kenny

Hi Bewick
Snow nearly all gone now beleive it or not it is thawing here at a tropical +3 shaorts weather compared to last week
Regards
Kenny

Grimsby[Humber McVeigh’s]had GEE,HEE!

Stoke on Trent also had ? VT

Rgds,

David :laughing:

Falkirk[SoM]had GLS,OWG just remembering a couple of them1

Rgds,again,

David

doncaster-dt chesterfield nu derby-rc-west riding-wx-ww=wt-wr-wu-wy-leeds-ug-alan

Carmarthenshire was BX & TH

Swansea was CY & WN

Best wishes for Christmas all.

Dorset had FX,JT,and PR.
Originally they were allocated BF but Lord Digby who was allocated BF1 took great exception to it and BF was transferred to Rutland

3300John:
Hiya Berwick…the potteries is VT it was requested so i was told V is for 5… T is for town… Five towns
also… re…rf…eh…fa…I honestly don,t no what FA stands for…the number plate RR1 was sold in 1951
for £10,000 to HR Owen rolls dealers that was some money to hand out.
JCB(diggers)got JCB1-----to---- JCB10 on ten new vespa scooters from yorkshire for no extra charge
all reps vehicles…My first car a reliant 3 wheeler was XYF6 i give ten pounds for her and never saved the plate
John

Now I would have thought a “pot thrower” like you John would have known what the initials FA stand for!!! I had a cherished reg.for many years DES54 which had come from Perthshire.Also a couple of BTS nos, which came from up there somewhere as well. Dennis.

walsall was “DH”

Gloucestershire had DD, DF, DG and FH. I lived near Chippenham at the time (early seventies…) then local government faffed about with the county boundaries and we got Bristol regs then…HU, HW, HY and in the later seventies TC and WS…

Merry Christmas to all

Manchester/Salford was BA-RJ-NA—Oldham BU

Oxfordshire had BW, FC, JO, UD,WL
Now got OY,OU,and I think OV

Here’s an interesting site that gives the history behind it all :wink:

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/miscellaneous/regs.htm