Country back road + large lorry + speeding driver =

had this today about 9am, was on a back road and the driver of the car hit me full on, fair to say he wasn’t travelling at a reasonable speed,he had no seat belt either, so sports a nasty gash across the top of his fore head, police said its knock for knock, so up to insurance to dispute it… when will these car drivers realise that they can’t belt around the country roads regardless of how well they think they know the road, I’ve had a few near misses like this by speeding idiots, I must say it did shake me up a bit and i can certainly feel a bit of a sore neck… just glad i was in the lorry and not the canter van or a car…

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

Looking at where the debris landed makes me think you had stopped before he hit you so why is it knock for knock, he collided with a stationary vehicle :open_mouth: :unamused:

Ouch fella, hope you’re alright.

Sorry to hear this :cry:

Looks like a blow up doll in the 3rd pick :laughing:

The fluid and marks on the ground prove with out a doubt the impact was on the left side of the road, YOU WIN !! :laughing:

I had stopped, he didn’t even brake,no skid marks from his car he just hit it with full force, and tacho shows that my speed was approximatley 20mph just before…the lorry is where i left it, he reversed his car right after the impact and told me to back up so he could get past?.. i’m sure the company will have something to say about it, the police only took details of the two vehicles and drivers, i told them i was stopped when he hit me but they were un interested…

I thought Max Wall had died years ago. Picture 1 proves I was wrong.

Probably knock for knock because it is a single track road, as long as you know you were in the right, glad you are ok.

Have the truck mirror arms shot forward with the impact?

When you look at the car and then the truck, the plastic bumber on the truck has obviously absorbed a lot of impact and then regained its shape - its obvious he’s been well under you looking at the car bonnet.

What a chav!

If you were staionary its no contest BUT assuming no witnesses you have no way of proving it unfortunately. Bet you wish you had a dash cam.

Did he state he wasn’t wearing his seat belt? Make sure you put that on the insurance form you will be filling out.

Never braked? Seems this car driver wasn’t looking where he was going. hey ho, what’s new?

Looks like the impact knocked his tax disc off… did the cop look?

Iam not one to sterotype but lets look at the evidence… Vectra + baseball cap + tracksuit bottoms + lack of tax disc = guilty. The only thing missing is a bottle of alchopop and a dangerous dog!

I will go for the car being an Omega Estate :smiley:

Stefluc:
I will go for the car being an Omega Estate :smiley:

WAS.
It is now a written off car

The n/s mirror sprang forward when he hit the front, I had my belt on but was still jolted forward on impact, the couple in the pics are just some joggers who came by afterwards, the guy is sat in the back bleeding, he cut his head on the metal bracket for the sun visor which is why the copper said there was no way he had a belt on , he was 69 years old driving like an idiot ! The car used to be a hearse apparently …

MAX WALL!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Martin:
Looking at where the debris landed makes me think you had stopped before he hit you so why is it knock for knock, he collided with a stationary vehicle :open_mouth: :unamused:

Agreed.
Also, good job he has he’s running kit on - cos he ain’t driving that car home :smiley:

Edit - just read post properly :blush:

Dico:
Sorry to hear this :cry:

Looks like a blow up doll in the 3rd pick :laughing:

You’re cruel - but so right :slight_smile:

Whats new… :unamused:

Tell yeah Mercs are a strong truck, had a beemer hit my n/s stair at high speed barely scratched me where as the beemer was almost totalled. Dafs on the other hand crumple like a pack of cards.

Like they say you never know what is round the next corner/bend :confused:

chester:
Iam not one to sterotype but lets look at the evidence… Vectra + baseball cap + tracksuit bottoms + lack of tax disc = guilty. The only thing missing is a bottle of alchopop and a dangerous dog!

Check out pic 3 again :wink: :wink:

Sorry just read later posts she is not from the car :blush: :blush: