Costco at Magna park

A well oiled machine,well run operation,in and out before you can scoff the bacon sarnies and coffee at the drivers canteen,vacumn pipes sent the paper work back and forth,the lady will shout out your bay number then off you go,it was a pleasure to do business with them.In one day they can receive 55 million pounds of goods,and it aint even Christmas yet!!

The toilet is minging and I sat there for 2 hours waiting for paper work. :frowning:

You are the lucky one. :wink:

IIRC that is the only place I’ve collected from as a subby that required a copy of my driving licence (other than the ports). :angry:

Rob,if you load at the refineries at Lillebonne,the ladies ask all drivers to blow in the machine for a drink test,if you fail they park you up for a few hours but do not :smiley: call the Gendarmarie,a drunk driver let lose in a gas/oil/fuel refinery would make the evening news bulletin.

Hate the place, normally get the 5am tip.Try to avoid that job at all costs mind.
If I,m down at bays 20-23 then I’ll make my way down and get on the door.
Any higher up than that with the idiots scrambling for bays and folk nearly getting run over, wagons nipping behind folk reversing- I tend to wait a minute and let the idiots that can’t wait 10 seconds get on with trying to crash into each other.
The waiting area is crap horrible noisy enviroment.

You are right,it is very noisy,you can not hear the old bint calling out your bay number when you are tipped.Security get a kick out of refusing late deliveries,if it is late the goods have to go back to where they came from.

toby1234abc:
You are right,it is very noisy,you can not hear the old bint calling out your bay number when you are tipped.Security get a kick out of refusing late deliveries,if it is late the goods have to go back to where they came from.

or you get put on the naughty step just inside and have to wait for the next late delivery not to turn up so you can have his spot. foods alright though

jonboy

Cheaper than the motorway ripp off.

redbob:
The toilet is minging and I sat there for 2 hours waiting for paper work. :frowning:

you sat in the toilet waiting for you paperwork? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

most people sit in the waiting area :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

as for the waiting area being noisy, park the truck on the bay, go hand in the keys, then go back to the truck and sit in there, or go to sleep, return to the goods in office when the green light comes on

i go in there regular, that is what i do :wink:

shuttlespanker:

redbob:

you sat in the toilet waiting for you paperwork? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

most people sit in the waiting area :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

as for the waiting area being noisy, park the truck on the bay, go hand in the keys, then go back to the truck and sit in there, or go to sleep, return to the goods in office when the green light comes on

I get in there quite a bit on the fridges and i do the same…notes and keys in then back to the bunk :sunglasses:

shuttlespanker:

Same but get caught now and again and sent back to the waiting room.
Got caught the other morning, my attention was more on my game of angry birds :laughing:

paul@midway:

shuttlespanker:

Same but get caught now and again and sent back to the waiting room.
Got caught the other morning, my attention was more on my game of angry birds :laughing:

they have never said anything to me about being in my cab, i have always done that, when i feel it stop bouncing for a few mins, check the mirror and look for the green light, when it shows green, steady walk back to the goods in office

Might be just an over zealous yard bod on the early shift.
He even had a walkie talkie :laughing:

every time i am there, it is always the 5am booking

toby1234abc:

Your right there - I was tipping there on Thursday and the driver in front of me was an hour late through no fault of his own.

They refused his load (Container) so he asked for a tip time later in the day. The security fella said “Your not listening drive - take it back we no longer want it” :open_mouth:

Ours get a rebook for another day! If late! :laughing:

if you have a booking there, you can park up in their yard the night before, you do have to show your paperwork to security to prove youre going in there, and not just trying to find somewhere to park (Aldi or Lidl just off the roundabout nr Argos is the place to go if you want to do that :wink: :wink: )

only problem i had with Costco was the noise in the waiting room (not the drivers but the warehouse) and the youngish halfcast lad on parking duties (your tipped, ■■■■ off, no you cant phone your boss for your reload do it off the premises)

I like it there , although it can get abit tiring when the Stobbarts monkeys sit talking at the top of their whining voices so every other poor driver has to listen to urban myths.

Has a nice bird in canteen as well…

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
I like it there , although it can get abit tiring when the Stobbarts monkeys sit talking at the top of their whining voices so every other poor driver has to listen to urban myths.

when i have to be a proper driver and do these rdc thingy deliveries, i usually were a jacket over my green shirt so the other stobart drivers dont feel the need to talk to me. i am really not interested in their planner/week/job/work/life. ok im interested if they have pics of their fit wife/gf/daughter!

and also, the further south a driver, no matter the company, the louder they talk. i have found its always lahndaners who need to shout a converstaion.

happysack:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

when i have to be a proper driver and do these rdc thingy deliveries, i usually were a jacket over my green shirt so the other stobart drivers dont feel the need to talk to me. i am really not interested in their planner/week/job/work/life. ok im interested if they have pics of their fit wife/gf/daughter!

and also, the further south a driver, no matter the company, the louder they talk. i have found its always lahndaners who need to shout a converstaion.

No ones louder than a “Dumby Brummy” anywhere! :sunglasses: