Cost of Taymar Bridge

As ive been a god boy the last couple of weeks, ive been given a nice little job. Im waiting to load in suffolk at the min, and will be going to Exeter Plymouth and Bodmin, my question is, what does it cost to go over Taymar Bridge in Plymouth in an artic (6 axles if it makes any difference to the price, although my midlift will be up) Ive checked my bridge height map and cant see any problems with my 4.5mtr high trailer, unless anyone local to the area knows any different…

tamarcrossings.org.uk/index. … leid=36387

Tolls just went up a couple of weeks ago it now looks like £16.40, payable one way from Cornwall back into England. :wink:

As coffeeholic has stated, it is free to enter Cornwall, so, if you go Exeter, Plymouth and then Bodmin, you could always come back along the A30 and no toll fee :wink:

mind you, i’m sure i used to pay £5.50 with a 6 axle combo a few years ago, i used to do a regular delivery to Saltash

I use to tip at the spar there just the other side on that industrial estate. It used to be £5.00 something then but that would be more than 8 years ago. Use to park in the first lay-by on the left just the other side of the crossing on a Sunday night ready for first thing Monday. :smiley:

Quickest way back from Bodmin is up the A30 to Exeter and M5.No charge for entering Cornwall.

Christ I remember paying £1.25

Yeah I know I’m an old git :laughing:

nick2008:

yes, but we are now in the 21st century, not the 18th :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Came over there one day with the lift axle raised on a rigid, guy at the toll tried to charge me for 3 axles, I said its only got 2 on the road. Still 3 axles was the reply. I asked how much he charged a car transporter with a dozen cars on then? Was charged the 2 axle rate and told not to be so smart :smiley:

nick2008:

They used to charge more if you had two horses :smiley:

i thought you were winding me up saying its free to enter Cornwall and you pay to get back! Same scenario as the Severn Bridge then! Well it will be free to do my delivery, and hopefully i wont be re-loading in Plymouth! Cheers for all the replies!!

Coffeeholic:
http://www.tamarcrossings.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=36387

Tolls just went up a couple of weeks ago it now looks like £16.40, payable one way from Cornwall back into England. :wink:

I think you’ll find it is £8.20, their rate chart is a little confusing, an artic counts as a “single vehicle” rather than a vehicle with trailer. Presumably the £16.20 is for diddicoys using a tractor unit to tow around a waltzer with a hot dog van behind it.

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:
http://www.tamarcrossings.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=36387

I think you’ll find it is £8.20, their rate chart is a little confusing, an artic counts as a “single vehicle” rather than a vehicle with trailer. Presumably the £16.20 is for diddicoys using a tractor unit to tow around a waltzer with a hot dog van behind it.

I wasn’t sure so I thought I would give him worst case scenario, anything else would be a nice surprise. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I go over it 2 or 3 times a month and their tariff chart has always been a bit confusing, you could easily think that the old rate was £11 whereas it was in fact £5.50

Still a huge hike in the toll though :frowning:

Harry Monk:
diddicoys using a tractor unit to tow around a waltzer with a hot dog van behind it.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
everyone has got to earn a living

cgleisure.co.uk

I didnt have to come back to Plymouth so didnt have to pay on the bridge, i did have to divert off the A38 though, for a 15ft bridge, what a terrible diversion route for trucks, half of it is single lane.
Not sure if it was Harry Monk i eyeballed in Exeter nr Marsh Barton ind est around 9.30 this morning, was one of your trucks mate (white) the pilot was wearing glasses, i didnt catch the reg of the motor thou.

kindle530:
Not sure if it was Harry Monk i eyeballed in Exeter nr Marsh Barton ind est around 9.30 this morning, was one of your trucks mate (white) the pilot was wearing glasses, i didnt catch the reg of the motor thou.

Not guilty M’lud, first run of the week was to south Wales ending at Lampeter, will be doing a drop in Exeter today tho, just having a 45 at Barnstaple atm.

kindle best way when coming out of cornwall (which lets face it prob wont be long after you entered :laughing: ) , flag down a flat bed truck just before the bridge, lowloader pref then it wont cost you anything

then so not to inconvience the low loader driver anymore drop the ramps while he’s moving and just release your park brake and let the truck roll off the back. simples. :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: