Copyright on Truck magazine articles?

Now this great tome is sadly defunct does anyone know the copyright situation with posting scans of articles on here? As i read through old copies many things grab my attention and I would like to post them but dont want to get the site in trouble. Anybody able to give me some direction?

As an example I was reading one the other day, a test match where a Scammell Crusader got the nod over a Daf 2300. Pat Kennets love for all things Leyland (and indeed British) got the better of him there Id say! Although the Scammels a beautifully ugly brute just looking at the interiors, and the fact that the Dafs cab tilted showed what the true winner should have been.

Get em posted, you paid for the mags so i`d say that copy is yours and do with it what you want and balls to the copyrites :laughing:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Plus it gives you a chance to look at a nice truck (scammell) :smiling_imp:

The articles in Truck are copyrighted by Reed Business Information and the authors and cannot be reproduced here without the express permission of both and the owners of this website… :open_mouth:

Reed’s lawyers are probably very very nice , but i have no wish to meet them personally, so please dont reproduce anything without written permission

Copyright is valid for 50 years from the publication date of the original article/document/statement/whatever it is…

ok understood, Il have to paraphrase then. Whats thesituation regarding pictures? Ive seen some from Truck magazine on various forums in the past, indeed I’ve posted some myself.

The situation is don’t panic!. Rikki’s advice is 100% correct and backed by law BUT if permission is asked first - you can go through me, Dave Young, at Truck & Driver magazine TRUCK’s surviving sibling - and the web publication is for enthusiasts but not for personal gain or part of a commercial transaction RBI is likely to be friendly

While we’re on the subject of Truck magazine, is there still a source for the proper Truck binders?

I have the entire set here at home and I would like to do them justice by putting them in the proper items.

marky:
While we’re on the subject of Truck magazine, is there still a source for the proper Truck binders?

I have the entire set here at home and I would like to do them justice by putting them in the proper items.

I think that they may have come from Modern Bookbinders, and who may still be in Chadwick Street, Blackburn - might be worth a call

Aha!! I’ve bought binders from them very recently, and collected them to save on postage :smiley:

marky:
Aha!! I’ve bought binders from them very recently, and collected them to save on postage :smiley:

What - £3 postage and £10 petrol? :wink:

I bought 30 binders from them and got a very good deal.

Can’t say much more; walls have ears - just found one in my pork pie…

marky:
I bought 30 binders from them and got a very good deal.

Can’t say much more; walls have ears - just found one in my pork pie…

:laughing: