Looking for an old edition of truck magazine

Hi All

I need help please . I’m trying to find the edition of Truck Magazine that featured an article on Edwin Shirley Trucking back in the late 70’s early 80’s. I remember the colour spread of two F89’s or maybe an F10 facing each other and possibly on the front cover ■■ and although I have Truck mags from 1976 through to 85 up in my loft I couldn’t place it. I then started to think maybe it was in an article in Super Truck ■■ . I’m hoping that someone can put me out my misery and put me right on it. Dreva iirc used to be the LLD king so fingers crossed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rob Campbell:
Hi All

I need help please . I’m trying to find the edition of Truck Magazine that featured an article on Edwin Shirley Trucking back in the late 70’s early 80’s. I remember the colour spread of two F89’s or maybe an F10 facing each other and possibly on the front cover ■■ and although I have Truck mags from 1976 through to 85 up in my loft I couldn’t place it. I then started to think maybe it was in an article in Super Truck ■■ . I’m hoping that someone can put me out my misery and put me right on it. Dreva iirc used to be the LLD king so fingers crossed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rob, I think a few of us have tried to trace articles we’ve been in or wanted to see again, if no-one has a copy, try contacting the publishers and ask them . I was after an article with me in it, and the woman who I emailed was so helpful and managed to email me back a copy! I’ve not got their details any more as our computer crashed a week or so ago and wiped out my email addresses!! Hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Mark.

Hita…go on to E bay…type in truck mags…then look for a recuring seller…go to his shop site and theres
a good possiblity you’ll get your mag…i got some car mags back as far as 1960 you see these chaps at some
rally’s with piles of mags.
John

Thanks Gents for your advice . Will have one more look in the loft and then try your options . Whats frustrating is I can picture the article but can’t remember the year. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Errr… We were the publishers of TRUCK … and nowadays we have very limited back copies. However there is a project to put Commercial Motor and Truck & Driver back issues online, I am not sure if TRUCK is included but will find out

You wanna start publishing it again Mr Rikki cos all them other mags ■■■■…

Bingo !! Found it in the loft . It was the September 1976 edition featuring the very beginnings of EST and just to show how times have changed they were on the Rolling Stones tour back then that required 3 artics !! There biggest tour so far. Thanks for all your advice lads , if you need any old information from old Truck magazines I know wher to look.

Rob Campbell:
Bingo !! Found it in the loft . It was the September 1976 edition featuring the very beginnings of EST and just to show how times have changed they were on the Rolling Stones tour back then that required 3 artics !! There biggest tour so far. Thanks for all your advice lads , if you need any old information from old Truck magazines I know wher to look.

After all that the least you can do is scan the article and get it on here.

Fair Dooze Will have a bash tonight when my daughter can help !

fly sheet:
You wanna start publishing it again Mr Rikki cos all them other mags ■■■■…

Hear hear :smiley: :smiley:

hiya… just been a clever clot. i just found in 4 minutes the full 12 months of TRUCK 1976 binded in a hard folder
on ebay for £12 plus post…the number is 260961504490.its got untill tea time wednesday to run

Here is the article in question not sure if it is readable but here goes

Rikki-UK:
Errr… We were the publishers of TRUCK … and nowadays we have very limited back copies. However there is a project to put Commercial Motor and Truck & Driver back issues online, I am not sure if TRUCK is included but will find out

does that mean the publishers will want to borrow my issues 1,2 & 3 again for scanning? :laughing: i may have to charge this time in these straitened economic times :grimacing:

jj72:

Rikki-UK:

does that mean the publishers will want to borrow my issues 1,2 & 3 again for scanning? :laughing: i may have to charge this time in these straitened economic times :grimacing:

When I was there they had every issue in binders, it was my first week’s work, sitting reading every single issue to get a feel for the magazine, best week’s work I’ve ever done :laughing:

Please tell me that that treasure trove hasn’t been lost Rikki :question: