TRUCK Magazine

Wonder if anyone can help.

I would like a copy of an article in TRUCK Magazine if possible. The article was the first part of a story by Robert Hackford, the second part of which was called " Elderly MAN heads east". I have the second part and the date of it is June 1997 so it would be the month before or perhaps some months before.

It related to Westermann Forwarding.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter

A quick search on ebay finds a copy of Truck Magazine May 1997 for sale for £6 posted.

ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUCK-MAGAZIN … 19c8ff1553

I might have a copy of this at home. If I have you can have it i’ll pm you

I was after an article I was in not long ago in Truck and Driver, I emailed them and they sent it back via email. Very helpful too. Not sure if they can help, but ask, you never know.

Regards,

Mark.

Whats become of Mr Hackford anyone know■■?

Had a look on ebay but the seller only posts to the U.K.

Thanks to all for all the info.

peterpallet:
Had a look on ebay but the seller only posts to the U.K.

Thanks to all for all the info.

why do people do that?

If you are trying to sell something, it is not trying very hard and the buyer pays the post. OK if you are wary of selling into Nigeria or Mali but you can block those anyway

Hi Peter.Try contacting Truck publishers direct.I done atrip to Saudi in 1975 and the write up of the trip was published in Truck by Phil Llewellyn.I lost the mag and contacted them.As it was so old they didn’t have a copy to sell me but they very kindly scanned the relevant pages and sent them to me AT NO COST.Now how good is that.Try them direct.Mike

If you call T&D and speak to Sandra she’ll help you out, the group of magazines is no longer under the RBI umbrella, but now owned by the people who own this website, when I worked at TRUCK there was a collection of every magazine ever printed, I’m sure they would have taken them along when they moved :wink:

I really miss TRUCK. Used to buy it religiously every month. Thought it was the perfect truck magazine. Then they closed it and I stopped buying truck magazines and haven’t since. Sorry for this little nostalgia post, as you were.

It was my favourite one I buy T&D but I find it no where as informative as truck was trucking is rubbish apart from truck on trial.

Truck Magazine was a proper paper for folks who new there trade to read.

I bought T&D this month as someone I knew was in it (well “The Thief” was mentioned :smiley: :smiley: ) & I’d been tipped off about it, anyway I read a few articles including one by newmercman that I was’nt expecting, his article was good as it goes considering He drives a lorry full time, the other article regarding driving to Canada should have filled half the mag IMHO but instead the reader was subjected to page after page of overpolished trucks with there grinning owners pictured, & just a brief 2 pages for the interesting stuff. I liked the article about The Mack lorries but again no depth in it. I’ll not be buying it again though, it does’nt compare to what Truck Magazine was, I bought My 1st copy in 1976 with My pocket money & thought it was ace…

Anyway thats My two penneth.

newmercman:
If you call T&D and speak to Sandra she’ll help you out, the group of magazines is no longer under the RBI umbrella, but now owned by the people who own this website, when I worked at TRUCK there was a collection of every magazine ever printed, I’m sure they would have taken them along when they moved :wink:

Thats exactly who I spoke to. She sent my one to me within a day via email. Very helpful and obliging. Thanks newmercman, I couldn’t remember her name. :blush:

Regards,

Mark.

I got hold of Sandra this afternoon, and a very nice lady she is, however she told me that all the files they have are being digitised and I will be able to get hold of the article I want when they have finished doing this.

So sometime towards the end March early April I can get what I want.

Thanks to all who helped me to this resolution of my problem.

Peter

Does this mean we will be able to buy any issue of Truck Magazine as a download, when they have finished the digiting process? I hope so.

[zb]
anorak:
Does this mean we will be able to buy any issue of Truck Magazine as a download, when they have finished the digiting process? I hope so.

The last meeting I was at where this was being discussed there had not been a final decision on how any archive would work… It could be a subscription to all the archives giving a set amount of downloads or unlimited - across all the titles or a small fee to download an individual issue… I would be interested to hear which people would prefer.

I used to buy it with my pocket money too, although i nearly stopped when it went up to 50p … was a top mag. RIP Pat Kennett
Jerry

fly sheet:
Truck Magazine was a proper paper for folks who new there trade to read.

I bought T&D this month as someone I knew was in it (well “The Thief” was mentioned :smiley: :smiley: ) & I’d been tipped off about it, anyway I read a few articles including one by newmercman that I was’nt expecting, his article was good as it goes considering He drives a lorry full time, the other article regarding driving to Canada should have filled half the mag IMHO but instead the reader was subjected to page after page of overpolished trucks with there grinning owners pictured, & just a brief 2 pages for the interesting stuff. I liked the article about The Mack lorries but again no depth in it. I’ll not be buying it again though, it does’nt compare to what Truck Magazine was, I bought My 1st copy in 1976 with My pocket money & thought it was ace…

Anyway thats My two penneth.

Rikki-UK:

[zb]
anorak:

The last meeting I was at where this was being discussed there had not been a final decision on how any archive would work… It could be a subscription to all the archives giving a set amount of downloads or unlimited - across all the titles or a small fee to download an individual issue… I would be interested to hear which people would prefer.

I reckon being able to see the contents page for each issue and having the option to buy individual issues would be good. The subscription idea would work too alongside it.

Rikki-UK:

[zb]
anorak:

Depends on the cost. Maybe the best regime would be a combination of the two, say £20 per year and £1 per issue. The actual numbers would need some careful thought. I guess it would have to cover the cost of all the scanning, and make a bit of a profit.

Would old copies of CM, back to 1905(!) be available? If so, it would be the most comprehensive source of commercial vehicle history ever. Hurry up and get on with it!

Rikki-UK:

[zb]
anorak:

Does this mean I’ll get a royalty cheque :laughing: :laughing:

I like the idea of being able to download issues, I would like to see a choice between individual issues, specific years and the whole lot from start to finish, I would buy them from the first issue through to the last, I have hard copies from the time I was on staff there, but electronic versions would be even better.

Would they be able to do the Custom Truck and Super Truck special editions too :question: Can’t remember seeing them laying around in the office :confused:

Oh and cheers Coop :wink: