Truck and driver mag

I know the magazine is something to do with tnet,i got the new issue today and would like say over the last 6 month it seems to have got a lot better ,its got a lot more like the old TRUCK magazine and caters for all tastes ,one way that would make it better would to have a ldd every month instead of every now and again ,its been better than the rival magazine , ive put that back on the shelf last few month ,keep up the good work fellas :wink: :wink: how many other tnet members buy the magazines :question: :question:

I agree itā€™s got better, I still donā€™t buy truck mags very often and the last couple were actually Trucking not T&D. I scan through them to see whatā€™s of interest to me, TBH the LD diaries donā€™t interest me personally and nor do the ā€œpimp machines.ā€ I find this a benefit financially as I can normally read both mags in the shops. :smiley:
I occasionally buy Classic Truck, stopped buying Classic and Vintage Comsā€™ quite a while ago as itā€™d got repetitive.

Without disrespecting the previous incumbent Iā€™ve noticed that itā€™s slowly improved since there was a change of editor. A bit less attention paid to the blinged-up V8s and so on would improve it further. They represent what a small minority of drivers use every day.

Never bought a truck mag.Read them free on the Msa.I get bored with a five page report of blinged up wagons with their headlights on in daytime to take the photo shoot.Driver by the cab door with rigger boots and jogging trousers in a Ā£ 120,000 rig but paid Ā£5 per hour doing 15 hour days every day of the week to help his guvnor cos he got an all dancing and signing rig with peekaboo curtains and tassles.

I like the classic truck magazine that comes out every 3 months,but iv been told itā€™s now just going to be a 32 page supplement to the heritage commercials magazineā– ā– ?.

I like reading about what I would call ā€œretroā€ trucks from when I was growing up in the 1980s and starting out in transport in the 90s the heritage commercials mag goes a bit too far back for me.
Iv not bought a T&D for a few months now and not bought trucking magazine for over a year,I used to buy both every month for years, but it got to the stage where it was a half hour glance at them because nothing interested me.

Why is Classic Truck going back into Heritage Coms? Lack of profit? Shame if it is as although I like vintage lorries, the retro stuff interests me more (prefer the Steelboys show at Gaydon to the Classic Com show).

Thats a bummer ,i bought my first issue of classic truck the other day and really enjoyed it,it took some finding aswell ,i couldnt find it in any newsagent but found one hid in a corner in wh smiths :frowning: :frowning:

I bought Julysā€™ Trucking today, I reckon itā€™s the best Iā€™ve seen in years. Itā€™s highlighting companies who run British built motors, the Truck Trial is a Foden Alpha v Hino 700 series. :sunglasses: So refreshing to see a wagon on the front cover without any spotlights and bling-even has the almost obligatory scraped N/S bumper/step. Inside is an operator who still runs Leyland Constructors :smiley: and a feature on the ERF ECs run by JCB.

Stopped buying Trucking load of crap now. Sent editor email saying how poor it was and he couldnt be arsed to even reply.

gazzad:
Stopped buying Trucking load of crap now. Sent editor email saying how poor it was and he couldnt be arsed to even reply.

I couldnā€™t possibly comment! :smiley:

Might be wrong but the bi monthly Classic Truck is published by Kelseyā€™s (who also publish Trucking). Can be a bit tricky to find around here so I took the plunge and subscribed.

The Heritage Commercials/Classic Truck tie in is part of Mortonā€™s Media. This was great until about 18 months ago when they seemed to shift to pre 1980 stuff. Itā€™s probably what the bulk of the readership want though and thatā€™s what makes the money.

Donā€™t really buy T&D or Trucking anymore but got them both last week (3 breakdowns in 3 days meant I was bored) and thought they were pretty good.

Havenā€™t really had the chance to look at Classic and Vintage Commercial since the change of Editor, is it any better?

Do they still make trucking I canā€™t find it in any of my locals

irish lorries:
Do they still make trucking I canā€™t find it in any of my locals

MSAā€™s stock them. In the WH Smith shops

Moto gives you 20% off if you show your AA card, also the Moto app has 20% off at WH Smiths every now and again

Roadchef give you 20% off if you show your RAC card

Welcome Break give you ā– ā– ā– ā–  all off.