Convertible Roadtrain?

Have just finished reading December 07 truck and driver, and in the article about the open top Tcab Scania, they mention a convertible Roadtrain Tickford convertible, which appeared at a motor show in the eighties. Has anyone got any pictures of this truck as I would love to see them.

I havent any pictures but remember seeing it at a show. I think T&D had an article on that one too.

If I remember it was finished in Maroon.

if thou what i can remember it was a red roadtrain around in the 80s whenthe truck racing was at its peak it was dark red and made by ticford and iseem to rember i think rayners of manchester had it in the end

I have stolen these from Brian Weatherley Big Lorry Blog :stuck_out_tongue: But because we TruckNet UK are all part of the same firm Im sure he wont mind.

Big Lorry Blog link to the page

thanks for those piccies wheelnut :smiley: . Does anyone know where the truck is now?

Yes - it’s on a farm at Keighley, totally knackered.

It was bought to be restored and is now past redemption.

That’s a real shame if it has just been left to rot

Does anynone have any photos of how it look’s now??

■■■■ that would be a fun restoration project!

…and my speedboat is ALMOST finished now too :wink:

Alex

Hi All
I may be wrong but I was informed it got recabed & went in the Geoff Reynoer fleet .

I thought it ended up at the Commercial transport museum at preston. ( but i probably am wrong i usually am)

Someone did put photo’s up of it somewhere to show the state it’s in on that farm, but there seems to be some controversy. When I started at Geoff Reyner’s in '98, John Stubbs the union man there at the time. Told me it was bought for him to use then once they bought it , they found some law prevented it from ever towing a loaded trailer. In order to use it, it had to be fitted with the standard steel roofed cab, by the sound of things the cab got put back on to another chassis ?

Ark-Angel:
I thought it ended up at the Commercial transport museum at preston. ( but i probably am wrong i usually am)

Perhaps you’re thinking of the Popemobiles, one of which did go into the British Commercial Vehicle Museum in Leyland?

Hi bugcos, just read the post on the T45 covertable, it is languishing in a yard in the West Riding of Yorks and is tested. The cab has been transplanted onto another chassis and it requires another hood, but apart from that its ready to go !
Its a bit hush hush at the minute but leave it a while and you never know it might just turn up some where at a show !
regards doublereduction. :wink: