Continental Express / Stubbins

Does anybody here know if this company is still running around doing euro work and what there like? I checked out there website and it says they do european work and north africa but it may have been a while since it was updated. Tried contacting them but no reply. I see they are connected with Stubbins growers who have alot of places in europe so wondering if they bring stuff in for them

I see them regulary on the M25, think there based in the Hertfordshire area. I still see them pulling Stubbins trailers, mostly all Scanias.

Think all their euro work is double manned by Portugese drivers now.

jst spoke to them on the phone and they are looking for drivers… Have to call back tomrrow to see what the response is.

ah right i did try ringing but i couldnt get through. Im always a little worried when people are always looking for drivers!! Double man portugese bloody hell whats going on there!

:smiley: I still see them around. They used to(possibly still)do double manned work for Safeway and Iceland down to there stores in Gibralter. Then backloading fruit. Always had decent tackle but as for the double manned thing errrrm No thanks :unamused: :wink:

i know what your saying about the double manning thing wouldnt really be my bag! Not unless Kelly Brook was to get a hgv licence then i might be tempted!

acceptme:
jst spoke to them on the phone and they are looking for drivers… Have to call back tomrrow to see what the response is.

cant get through for some reason on that 0870 number. any luck acceptme??

They’ve got a big warehouse right next to the station at Waltham Cross. It’s right alongside the M25. Stubbins come out of Stubbins Hall Lane, Waltham Abbey.

I’m afraid that’s all the info I can give.

yeah i’ve seen there place from the 25 right near Sainsburys. And they ARE looking for drivers.

I can confirm for you that Continental Express are alive and well and provide the logistcs for Morrisons (formerly Safeway) in Gibraltar. - they have a couple of dozen motors all running double manned dedicated to moving ambient/chilled/frozen from (I think) the old Safeway RDC somewhere near Maidstone/Folkestone into Gib - Im told by an ex CE driver now working here in Malaga that they do UK to Gib in 22 Hrs non stop!!.

Apparently they have a lot of Polish blokes on so you could end up with an interesting partner if you take a job with them.

Sounds like a not to bad job running down to Gibraltar but dont fancy the double manning thing! Is there anyway polskis dont work now?!

Had an e-mail from the TM today saying they are only looking for UK drivers at the mo, but that they do send UK drivers over the water from time to time and they get first shout when a Euro job comes up. Anyone know what the UK work involves. IE Day runs, Odd nights our or tramping?

Ive seen them in Spitalfields market a few times when i was nights. Oh right i guess it maybe like someone said before they send UK drivers across the water to Holland maybe when its busy or in season■■?

Hombre:
I can confirm for you that Continental Express are alive and well and provide the logistcs for Morrisons (formerly Safeway) in Gibraltar. - they have a couple of dozen motors all running double manned dedicated to moving ambient/chilled/frozen from (I think) the old Safeway RDC somewhere near Maidstone/Folkestone into Gib - Im told by an ex CE driver now working here in Malaga that they do UK to Gib in 22 Hrs non stop!!.

Apparently they have a lot of Polish blokes on so you could end up with an interesting partner if you take a job with them.

Be careful, the Pole may wanna Zloty yer and you could end up Pole axed! :unamused: