Continental Express!

Anybody worked there on shift work? Pay conditions! Any info welcome! :slight_smile:
I did a search but no up to date information on here! :neutral_face:

What you looking at des? Nights? I worked there ten years ago running bent as ■■■■■■■■■ but it was a good job. Did a bit of night work casual a couple of years back. All legal now. Some things have changed for the better and some not. Fairly easy work. All Morrison and Asda rdcs. Some backload work but not normally on nights. At peak times they send about 4 out to Holland for the week, feeding trailers from a customer to the docks. Then they have 4 or 5 drivers doing 2 harwich dock runs a night. That’s fairly enjoyable. Tackle is all good. Ssc dafs, v8 toplines and a few 440 highlines. Don’t know what the dough is like now. I was getting £150 a night a couple of years ago. Days when I left were on £34k plus nights out. The bloke in charge now is called Alan Barrs, although I know absolutely nothing of him. Hope that helps mate

You have a PM Jay! :wink:

Colton’s not working out Dessy ?

What happened to the Gib work?

harry:

Are Continental Express still running Spain/Gib? Did my usual route/times through France and didn’t see any CE on the route, just a few Stobart fridges. God forbid they have snatched the work but they may have been running rail replacement!

I used to talk to a couple of there drivers a few months back at the coop rdc newhouse, 100 a shift they got, nice new actross but couldn’t afford to go for a pint and a meal, says it all I think

harry:

They’re still doing the Morrisons run down to Gib at least one a day.