Contemplating class 1 - Now passed

Alright folks. As the title suggests i am lookin in to doin my class 1 with jim mair driver training (did my class 2 with them) in kilmarnock and have an assessment on tuesday afternoon. Not sure how i’ll cope doin my class 1 as it took me 3 attempts at class 2 :open_mouth: :laughing:

Any tips and advice?

happyhebridean436:
Any tips and advice?

YUP - click the link in my signature :smiley:

Thanks rog :smiley:

hi i done my class 1 with jim mairr driver training. my instructor was a guy called harry was a really good instructor i breezed ma class 1 only 3 minors 1 was taking a shunt on my reverse. basiclly all i did was take my time and listen to what my instructor said gave us lots of tips on easy ways to do things.
good luck u should do it no probs though.

andy_c1982:
good luck u should do it no probs though.

Thanks, wish i had your confidence :laughing: :laughing: . Yeah it was harry that did my class 2, thought he was a good instructor

Been for my assessment, went ok :smiley: :smiley: , they think i can do it in 5 days so fingers crossed lol. Now all i have to do is get time off work to do it esp wit summer hols here

Training for class 1 booked for week beginning 3rd august, so here’s hopin all goes well :laughing: :laughing:

Well its gettin nearer, start course next monday an it can’t come quick enough :laughing: :laughing: . Little nervous about it but should be ok after the first few hours. Also worried i won’t pass first time :neutral_face:

You’ll be fine mate, just listen, pay attention, and take your time :slight_smile:

happyhebridean436:
Also worried i won’t pass first time

This is going to be a bit of a ‘loaded’ question :wink: -
If you did not pass first time, maybe due to 1 silly but not unsafe error, and the rest of your drive was fantastic, would you really consider yourself a bad driver :question:

C-Kay:
You’ll be fine mate, just listen, pay attention, and take your time :slight_smile:

I hope so, will certainly give 110% if nothin else :laughing: :laughing:

[/quote]
This is going to be a bit of a ‘loaded’ question :wink: -
If you did not pass first time, maybe due to 1 silly but not unsafe error, and the rest of your drive was fantastic, would you really consider yourself a bad driver :question:
[/quote]
Prob not, but it still a failure not only for me but also everyone concerned, plus the thought of doin it all over again :smiley:

happyhebridean436:
still a failure

not a failure - just not passed through a DSA hoop

:smiley: :smiley:

I failed my first Class 1, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I clipped a kerb and ballsed up my uncouple/re-couple. I passed my second test with 7 minors, so mine was by no means perfect. You’ll be fine, i promise :slight_smile:

Thanks for havin faith in me :smiley: :smiley: . All i can do is jus go for it an hope for the best :smiley:

happyhebridean436:
hope for the best

I would have said do your best - no-one (including yourself) can ask for more than that :slight_smile:

Well started training yesterday, an so far so good (no injuries or dents :laughing: :laughing: ). Makin crap wee errors wit signals like puttin them on to soon or keepin them on to long. The only thing i’m havin probs gettin my head round da reverse but i feel confident i can get through it :open_mouth: . I got test on saturday morning. Can’t beleive i’m actually doin it now :astonished: :astonished:

Many have a prob getting their head around the reverse but it will ‘click’ :smiley: - remember -
THINK before turning that wheel

ROG:
Many have a prob getting their head around the reverse but it will ‘click’ :smiley: - remember -
THINK before turning that wheel

Thats what my instructor says, hope it clicks soon tho :laughing: :laughing: