Containers still slow?

Anybody on containers in the same situation as we are, and struggling for work? Carters reckon it is still very quiet, so, is it just them or are the boxes still slow? They aught to have picked up by now!

Mal.

mal,talking to some lads up here they are very quiet as well :wink:

my brother in law runs out of the grain hes saying its been quiet since xmas its that bad now he packing it in and selling his two motors

Busy as hell over here, has’nt stopped since the start of the Xmas rush, we got more work than we can handle…first time in over three years.

Quieting down a bit Down Under but exports are keeping us busy,last Saturday we moved 100 40’ MSC Fantainers of onions for Italy and Flexitowe,more onion boxes due this week.
Whats the story in UK and USA with Anti-Terrorism at ports?Lately any box recieved in Melbourne with a missing or incorrect seal number has Australian Custom manually inspecting the container or getting it X- Rayed.

Thanks for all the replies lads, Im not glad its quiet at all, but Im glad to see that in the UK at least, its not just us! Ive never known it so slow as this in April before. We may well have to dust the Euroliner off if this dont change!

Boots, theyre on about having us carry photo I.D in the ports over here, I dont know a lot about it yet though

Mal.

Dad’s place is still busy. They do the Del Monte container contract. They had to rent 2 other skelly’s the other day to keep up with the workload.

i,m doing for p&o and we are still kept busy plenty irish work out of tees, never stopped this week :laughing: :laughing:

Weve had words about it Terry, and said it might be time to pull the motor off, to which they said, dont, its picking up. So we’ell see next week! :wink:

Mal.

we are picking up a bit but not rushed off our feet,On thursday’s we seem to be waiting for work to come in for friday & monday.

still not too bad for me for me it’s when the guarantee pays dividends.