Quiet on Containers?

Is it just our firm or is everybody struggling for work?

Or, alternatively, is it just me…have had 4 really crap weeks, with little or no OT or NO’s…at first i suspected it was because i had a bust up with the planners, but this week, nearly every motor has been on locals…with most parked up by 1500-1600…

If it continues this way, i will have to start looking at other options as i am not earning the money…

DonutUK:

Or, alternatively, is it just me…have had 4 really crap weeks, with little or no OT or NO’s…at first i suspected it was because i had a bust up with the planners, but this week, nearly every motor has been on locals…with most parked up by 1500-1600…

If it continues this way, i will have to start looking at other options as i am not earning the money…

the other mans grass may look greener, but it still takes as long to mow it :smiley:

At least I’ve been able to get in our depot in Landor st. Brum next to Freightliners without being stuck in a queue of containers ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We seem to have plenty of work on, not pulled out, but steady.

Chinese New Year ?

:wink:

Thinks have picked up for us in the last couple of weeks.

I haven’t stopped for the last 6 weeks, averaging between 3000-3200kms every week subbing for maritime, pity the rates are so poor :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Purfleet seems to be quite busy, always a long queue for the containers, annoyingly they’ve been using the start of the brick lane to queue so you have to cut across the trailer park to get to the brickyard :confused:

Trev_H:
At least I’ve been able to get in our depot in Landor st. Brum next to Freightliners without being stuck in a queue of containers ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The DHL place?

We are moving back in there soon…not sure of the exact date though.

busy as zb can,t find enough subbys to cover extra work.But then again i do work for bulmers so can understand why :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

DonutUK:

Trev_H:

The DHL place?

We are moving back in there soon…not sure of the exact date though.

You may well be moving back in, I saw the o licence application but we’ve nabbed your old office :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DonutUK:

I’ve no idea what goes on behing the scenes but we seem to be busy,infact flat out since way back before xmas. It seems to pan out roughly along the lines of three or more locals a day Mon,Tue,Wed with early starts and late finishes and then off down the road on Thursday with any distance work and returning with collections for the Saturday boat to the states. Never seem to get the luxury of 3 or 4 finishes although get plently of 3 or 4 starts :smiley:

We’ve been busy, though i was in the bad nooks for missing a vbs slot at 4-5 am in southampton, planner not a happy chap 515am especialy as he had to rebook vbs, and pay missed slot penalty, OOPS.

eddie snax:
We’ve been busy, though i was in the bad nooks

You southerners crack me up with your funny sayings. We call it ‘in the bad books’. ‘nooks’!!!, whatever next :smiley:

eddie snax:
We’ve been busy, though i was in the bad nooks for missing a vbs slot at 4-5 am in southampton, planner not a happy chap 515am especialy as he had to rebook vbs, and pay missed slot penalty, OOPS.

Could you not have phoned through to the Helpline and got it extended?

That’s what we do if we are going to miss one…

DonutUK:

eddie snax:

When my cab phone is opened up, instead off locked to only approved numbers, then yes i can sort it out myself. until then the planner gets woken up at whatever time it might be for whatever problem it might be.

You southerners crack me up with your funny sayings. We call it ‘in the bad books’. ‘nooks’!!!, whatever next

no not a strange southerner dialect, just bad spelling. :blush: :blush:

eddie snax:

DonutUK:

eddie snax:

When my cab phone is opened up, instead off locked to only approved numbers, then yes i can sort it out myself. until then the planner gets woken up at whatever time it might be for whatever problem it might be.

You southerners crack me up with your funny sayings. We call it ‘in the bad books’. ‘nooks’!!!, whatever next

no not a strange southerner dialect, just bad spelling. :blush: :blush:

That was the exact same problem i had and i explained this to the planners in the office… my phone was quickly taken off of me and unlocked :smiley: