Container busy out of Southampton?

I’ve got a container in Southampton with a big shipping line. It’s the first time I’ve used them, and they’re telling me they can’t get it to me until Monday or Tuesday next week. It’ll clear customs tomorrow, and normally I can’t stop them bowling up pretty well as soon as that’s done.

Are there backlogs because if the recent weather, or are containers particulary busy at the moment? I can’t see it, less than a month after Christmas. Anybody fancy pulling a 40HC out of Southampton to GL12 on Friday morning? How would that work, if the shipper said no, and I said I’d get it done myself?

It’s full of furniture for an exhibition at the NEC that starts on Sunday!

Cheers

S2Sol

I do very little out of Southampton myself but I’m always happy to look at new work. :wink:

I do about 90% Fxt and 10% Thamesport and at the moment I could happily run another 5 or 6 motors.

BUT how long it’ll last is the burning question.

As an educated guess I would say it’s a combination of a hangover from the Christmas rush and the ■■■■■ weather we’ve had, causing a major back log.

That said though I’ve had some promising enquiries with new/potential customers about work, much of it export :open_mouth: , well into feb and march.

I suppose only time will tell but one thing that is certain at the moment, is the severe lack of capacity in the container sector, as experienced by yourself.

Well, I’m glad someone’s doing well, and long may it continue! Anyone want to come and watch me and 4 sales reps doing cartwheels across 120m2 of very expensive, empty stand at the NEC from Sunday - Wednesday?

you could try M&S freight from Nomansland, just outside Salisbury, they do containers from Southampton

01794 390995

Thanks for that - I’ve seen them around. In fact they’ve brought containers in before. Cheerful seeming drivers in blue units? Anyway, the shipper did the decent thing in the end, and claims to have found someone to get it to us tomorrow. I’ve not slept all night, though. Thanks again, and good luck to Goaty, not that he needs it!

:blush: