Containers out of Felix

Have any of you guys had your rates cut, and fuel surcharge dropped by the big boys who you pull for?

The crowd I pull full have just posted me a letter (he didnt even have the balls to tell us face to face) saying as from monday 12th jan the ppm rate is being cut by 5% and the fuel duty is down to 3%, an basically if you dont like it lump it or go though the gates. Just wondering what the others are paying at the mo, tried ringing around but they wont say over the phone.

Any info appreciated

Cheers

PS
Any one want to buy an 06 plate Actros, ive had enough the country and the industry has finally gone down the pan. Rock and Roll here I come!!

Hi MERCACTROS.
Sounds Like A KINGSFLEET TRICK …■■?Thay Have Not Got The GUTS To FRONT YOU…Plenty Of Empty Promising ie 8 Feix -Lutterworth =£2700 Can Not Be Done Legal■■?..WAT THAY DID PAY WAS .£310.pr Load…THE SCHOOL I WENT TO THAT WORKS OUT AT…£2480…Good Job We Did Not Do Eight…Cause We May Have Upset VOSA…As Well As Our Self… Just .Need To Say WE Never Stade Long… ■■■■ COMPANY Say No More …Is There Enyone In FELIXSTOWE Any GOOD…Because I Cannot Find Them■■? I Gave Up Found Plenty Of MR40%.Keep On TRUCKING MERCACTROS DOnt GIVE UP.

problem at the moment is that one of the biggest box hauliers is going into all the major lines and forwarders that they can and offering to cut the rates if they can have all the work with the result that its fubarring the whole job up for everyone else

the shipping lines are loving it as they’re playing all the hauliers off against each other, mr biggy-time container haulier is loving it because he’s getting all the work to keep his big fleet busy and he can then tell the subbies what the new lower rate is and you dont have much choice because he’s the only one with all the work !!

as far as the fuel surcharge goes its not rocket science, it goes up and down relative to the price p/l so it stands to reason that as fuel gets cheaper the surcharge drops off

My argument with the fuel surcharge is we are paying around the same as we were this time last year it aint dropped that much to warrant knocking 3% off of it, or my price hasnt dropped that much. We were getting 6% this time last year when it waqs in the high 0.70’s low 0.80’s. I aint got a problem with it going up or down, the problem I have is they just seem to be pulling are pants right down at the mo, so they can keep riding around in their big flash company cars and trucks seemingly oblivious to the fact that the guys who earn them the most cash are dropping like flies.

I know for a fact one of the shipping lines hasnt dropped their rates. I was direct for them last year, when I pulled off cause I was told a load of bull and the grass was deff greener on the other side. I have been back in touch trying to get back on with em, but as things are its going to be 6-7 months before they have a slot available.

You say they have dropped the rate, but from what?
And can you still make it pay?

Dont want tosay £s ans ps on here-you never know who is on, its already been mentioned in the yard on sat about somebody talking about rates on the old interweb!.

As for making it pay, yes I shouldbe ok as long as nothing major goes wrong, just want to get off and away from the boxes for good now enough is enough.

Maersk reported in the FT recently that their imports into UK(mainly from US and Far East) are down 24.8% -Dec 2008 to Feb 2009.If that’s their situation it will be worse with the other big box lines.

vernonbish777:
problem at the moment is that one of the biggest box hauliers is going into all the major lines and forwarders that they can and offering to cut the rates if they can have all the work with the result that its fubarring the whole job up for everyone else

the shipping lines are loving it as they’re playing all the hauliers off against each other, mr biggy-time container haulier is loving it because he’s getting all the work to keep his big fleet busy and he can then tell the subbies what the new lower rate is and you dont have much choice because he’s the only one with all the work !!

This guy’s damaged the Industry to the point that it will take many years to get the rates back to where they were last year, even the shipping lines that haven’t taken up his offer have used him as a bargaining tool to get the other hauliers to reduce their rates.

The reason your being asked to drop your rates to the bigger haulier is because they have had to do the same and if they pay you as before then they will lose money on you and will eventually go bust, what do you prefer, to share the pain and stay in business with both of you making a small margin knowing that things will get better once the economy returns or to be paid an extra 5% for a short while then nothing as the feeder shuts down?

u’ll never make money runnin legal unless your direct…

Just had my rates cut again a further 3% plus the fuels has gone up 2p. I cant take any more my bank balance is heading in the wrong direction. Im out of tilbury but its across the board.

i’m mainly southampton manchester and liverpool…not had a cut yet… most american lines in liverpool have cut between 4% and 10%… not good… work seems to be pickin up tho…