Container Work

Container Work, wots it like never done it before, thought i may go to AR Lunns hull for a job heard it was a good company. any comments :smiley:

not what one of there drivers told me had a women driver there she walked out in tears after two days :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Container work is easy but can be very boring. There is no work involved so container work is a bit of a misnomer. Been doing it over two years now mostly enjoy it. Driving wise just take it easy on sharp bends and round a bouts as the weight hasn’t always been wisely distributed.

from what ive heard of one of our ex lady drivers is lunns are ok the work is mainly short sea so you could end up tipping or loading in the back the kit is ok to from what ive heard and seen.

alix776:
from what ive heard of one of our ex lady drivers is lunns are ok the work is mainly short sea so you could end up tipping or loading in the back the kit is ok to from what ive heard and seen.

short sea wots that then :question: i dont touch wot i carry i drive :smiley:

Short sea stuff is usually palletised at worst yu’ll have to pump truck it to the back unless you go to audi or lidles where you’ll have to put it in a nice straight line. If you want to be a twist lock tecnichan best go for deep sea. :smiley:

Agreed. We’re short sea and we do everything including strip-outs on open-siders (like tilts but rustier and heavier) and flatracks full of steel. It’s a lot less work than it used to be, but still a lot more than deep sea. Multidrop and all sorts. I love it for the variety, but it’s not bunkslug territory at all. Nice short hours though - I think I’m hard done by if I have to do a whole 13! :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :wink:

I applied for a job at Lunns when I first passed my class one and they wouldnt give me a job, turns out he is best mates with my ex boss and rang him to ask him why he wouldnt take me on class one and my ex boss turned round and said “I dont trust him!!!”, how he cant trust me when he had never seen me drive a class one is beyond me!!!

It also helps to speak Polish there :stuck_out_tongue:

Potter:
I applied for a job at Lunns when I first passed my class one and they wouldnt give me a job, turns out he is best mates with my ex boss and rang him to ask him why he wouldnt take me on class one and my ex boss turned round and said “I dont trust him!!!”, how he cant trust me when he had never seen me drive a class one is beyond me!!!

It also helps to speak Polish there :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t trust you either. :laughing: