Container Work?

I’m out from Mon to Fri, running out of Southampton, and yes ditto what everyone else has said, its clean very easy work, on a bad week I earn around £650 gross, on a good week £900 gross, so the money is not to bad if you don’t mind knocking your self out for Mon to Thurs then kick back a bit Fri and run home

Lesco:
I’m out from Mon to Fri, running out of Southampton, and yes ditto what everyone else has said, its clean very easy work, on a bad week I earn around £650 gross, on a good week £900 gross, so the money is not to bad if you don’t mind knocking your self out for Mon to Thurs then kick back a bit Fri and run home

Im guessing he’s made up his mind long before now…

The-Snowman:

Lesco:

Im guessing he’s made up his mind long before now…

:laughing:

What did you decide missd?

As she was last here on Sun Jun 26, 2011 at 9:37 am, I guess we’ll never know. :wink:

Personally I never make a decision before asking the good (and not so good) people of trucknet first. And then waiting ten years… :smiley:

Colingl:
As she was last here on Sun Jun 26, 2011 at 9:37 am, I guess we’ll never know. :wink:

Probably true.
Unless Miss D is a Buddhist?
Some TNUK members seem to reincarnate in differing forms? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

This was my first job and one of my favourites. Generally its repetitive work. I worked for a major company from Liverpool for a while on nights and did the same job almost every night some months. Day work can be a bit interesting, you’ll be surprised where you can end up.
It’s a lot of waiting for containers, waiting to unload and waiting generally, bring something to keep you busy (I read a LOT of books). You’ll rarely unload and it’s fairly clean work.
Only ‘special’ skill to learn is how to stretch / shorten the trailer. Get someone to show you (ACTUALLY SHOW YOU). Stash loads of seals to never be caught short.

I have had an interview today for a local family run company that is running containers out of Felixstowe & Tilbury.
The job is mine if I want it, but I don’t really know much about what container work involves.
They said it would involve being away all week from sunday night, but didn’t really go much more indepth of what the job involves.
I’ve only hade my class 1 for 3 months and there willing to give me a chance, but i’m really unsure.

So any advice would be great,

Thanks
Jo.x

Take it. The experience is what you need to get other jobs.

To be honest its depends on what you like. Containers can be very tedious as there is alot of waiting around and you could be sat in ques for hours waiting to get a box on or off. however it is the most cleanest of driving jobs all you have to do is get out to do your twist locks less than a min :smiley: . Plus you dont have the hassle of doing curtains or straping loads you dont do nothing just pull up open the doors get back in your cab and wait till the customer has loaded or unloaded the container. My advice would be to take it but depends what the wages are like.

Rob K:
Take it. The experience is what you need to get other jobs.

I’m in agreement with Rob K…you have to start somewhere

Company based in harlow?

Thanks for the advice.

The company is based in Harlow, Burnt Mill.
There paying £500 a week. Is that good or bad?

I think the money’s ok, do you know what vehicle you’d be getting?

Oh and where abouts in herts are you?

The vehicle is a Volvo FH12, It’s a Y reg but looks in good condition.
It would make a change to the 57 plate Dafs I’ve been driving.

I’m based in Hoddesdon.

Money is good, and as the others have said, it’s a good place to start.

You have a pm.

Tim

You have PM

Well I can you what aint involved…work!
Frustration is and being held up and plenty of lying about, if you can take that it’s just about the easiest job in the world!

Get yourself a good book…waiting for about 6 hours whilst getting tipped :laughing: On occasions I have had to load or unload a container but only very rarely.