Maritime. Wages?

They say on there website that you can expect wages of £30,000 per annum. Anyone know what this is made up of ?. How many hours a week have you got to do a week to earn that ?. I presume it includes night out money ?. Anyone any ideas ?.

Lots of hours lots of nights out.
If it was £30k salary plus nights out they would’nt have to keep advertising

Tonyb

Are they on hourly pay though ?

i got offered a job out of the leeds depot but i turned it down…

£405 a week for 50 hours a week. after that £9 something.

sat morning is £9 something unless you are tipping on your way home from port then its £11 something… what upset me was the quote " thursday/ friday you WILL be going to port and the thing with leeds depot is that the soton, felix and tilbury drivers are heading home but thurs/ fri you are going away ". then there was the fact that leaving soton on a sat morning you might be expected to tip a box in birmingham, now dont get me wrong if im setting off from southampton on a sat morning im coming back to leeds and home not stopping at birmingham for 4/5 hour tip.

the job is easy as easy can get. top of the range vehicles with full kitchen pack of microwave, fridge and coffee maker.

you start as a cab hopper and get paid £50 a week for that and also 30 ppm for traveling to depots for which you be at that depots disposal.

you have to park at allocated parking places where they have accounts, which from what i was told covers nearly everywhere.

£21 per night out

obviously they like you park at depots which have showers and kitchen and rest faciltys.

i think thats a rough guide from what i can remember at the interview.

to be honest i only knocked the job back cos i had something sorted but if i was stuck i would try them again. its just the running in on a sat that bothers me.

please add to this, as this topic comes up quite alot and il put it in the frequently asked questions forum. :wink:

£410 for 55hours
£9…75 overtime
£13.95 on sat if you work ,thats from when you start to when you finish
£23 n/out
£450 holiday pay

bocockjnr:
£410 for 55hours
£9…75 overtime
£13.95 on sat if you work ,thats from when you start to when you finish
£23 n/out
£450 holiday pay

the above is correct however running in sat is optional as you tell them on the monday if your available to work on sat if not you get back on friday simple. Just like most other transport company`s its optional. Also on a sat you get min of 5 hrs

you average 450 take home per week with two nights out some of the people who are out all week take home upwards of 550

stevtel what yard to you work from ■■?

Ex Haulier:
They say on there website that you can expect wages of £30,000 per annum. Anyone know what this is made up of ?. How many hours a week have you got to do a week to earn that ?. I presume it includes night out money ?. Anyone any ideas ?.

I tried to get on with Maritime (Southampton) for months, appointments were made for interviews but the guy was never available at the appointed time, or he had to go to the other yard, I gave up in the end. If they cant be arsed to return phone calls or keep appointments then they can take a swivel :smiling_imp: , maybe it was a lucky escape, god knows what they’re like to work for :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

bocockjnr:

i presume felixstowe.

so baring in mind on my message that thurs and fri you will be going to port which that seems true but remember that steve works out of felix so he can have that choice but if your based in leeds and are going to port thurs or fri your not going to be home till sat, and that was made very clear at the interview.

i was only asking which yard he worked from just incase i knew him,and yes your 100% right you leeds and brum boys do have it bad on a thurs and fri because the train isalways full so they get you to do it ,which is crap i know ,we,ve said time again that if they planned it right then they,d have about 10+ soton based drivers around the area to bring them down but like all gud transport company,s THEY KNOW BEST !!! ( i know you dont work for maritime just stating :laughing: :laughing: )

bocockjnr:
( i know you dont work for maritime just stating :laughing: :laughing: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but i only turned the job down cos i had something else at the time. :wink:

thats cool make sure you keep it that way and stay away from them if you can for the moment there is no work atall was in leeds depot on tuesday and i nearly got swamped cus i was picking a trailer up to bring down here ,nearly there whole fleet was parked up and this was 10am not good at the mo :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

stevtel:
the above is correct however running in sat is optional as you tell them on the monday if your available to work on sat if not you get back on friday simple. Just like most other transport company`s its optional. Also on a sat you get min of 5 hrs

Yeah,right oh, :unamused: thats why I’ve worked like a ■■■■ all week,done 2700 kms already wanted to be home tonight and cause of all my efforts,im nighting out tonight with about 6-7 hrs in the morning running back.
Do em a favour and they take the ■■■■…the planners earn there Christmas bonus’ by cutting drivers overtime and nights out,so if your unfortunate enough to get a jobsworth planner,then you certainly wont be earning great money. :wink:

as far as im aware the (guaranteed 5 hrs has gone)you get paid for hrs worked now ,since the pay rise but you get a higher rate now for an actual tip on a Saturday NOT just running in,cause they were having drivers park up an hour away from base on a Friday,running in early on the Saturday and ■■■■■■■ off home, getting paid 5 hours and getting out of shunting boxes on the quay like everybody else who was unfortunate enough to get down later on a Saturday

bikemonkey:
as far as im aware the (guaranteed 5 hrs has gone)you get paid for hrs worked now ,since the pay rise but you get a higher rate now for an actual tip on a Saturday NOT just running in,cause they were having drivers park up an hour away from base on a Friday,running in early on the Saturday and [zb] off home, getting paid 5 hours and getting out of shunting boxes on the quay like everybody else who was unfortunate enough to get down later on a Saturday

yes the higher rate is only if your tipping or loading. the statement he made to me which shook me a bit was the

" leaving southampton on a sat morning and tipping a box in birmingham then back to leeds"

with tricks like that you are never going to be home.

thats cool make sure you keep it that way and stay away from them if you can for the moment there is no work atall was in leeds depot on tuesday and i nearly got swamped cus i was picking a trailer up to bring down here ,nearly there whole fleet was parked up and this was 10am not good at the mo

im subbing at freightliner leeds and ive been sent home wed, thurs and fri at 12.00 with wed i did 2 jobs but thurs and fri i only did 1 job and im not working mon cos theres nothing on.
to be fair im off back to work for freightliner at the end of november and they keep thier wagons running all day its just the subbies that are sent home.

bocockjnr:

sorry for late reply I work out of Felixstowe mate. (BART)

ah better up there now with the new block finished hey lol im out of scum (soton_) on hapag under mark

well whats tilbury like :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

you right about the new drivers rest room and showers in Felixstowe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

shame the showers are a little on the small side though

i run as a subbie with 2 trucks on Hyundai out of Southampton, it has quietened down quite a bit, apparently, they are not taking any more subbies on at the moment and also, if a subbie leaves, they are not replacing them :open_mouth:

thats not good mate :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: