Maritime. Wages?

well tilbury ,it,s ok i spose if you like getting ignored by the drivers when you walk into the canteen !!! apart from that its cool nice little pub not far away does nice food and a good pint of the black stuff !!!

and i did hear about the subbie thing ,we are very slack at the mo to i was in tilbury weds and the subbie park was pretty full at 12 midday now that aint a gud sign isit ■■?

bocockjnr:
well tilbury ,it,s ok i spose if you like getting ignored by the drivers when you walk into the canteen !!! apart from that its cool nice little pub not far away does nice food and a good pint of the black stuff !!!

and i did hear about the subbie thing ,we are very slack at the mo to i was in tilbury weds and the subbie park was pretty full at 12 midday now that aint a gud sign isit ■■?

Subbie Park■■?

WTF is that then?

i park in the yard on the rare occaisions that i venture in there

Oh, BTW, it not just the drivers that ignore you at Tilbury, the office staff are not much better

The worst one i have found for being ignored by is the office staff at Felixstowe :confused:

shuttlespanker:
you right about the new drivers rest room and showers in Felixstowe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

shame the showers are a little on the small side though

i run as a subbie with 2 trucks on Hyundai out of Southampton, it has quietened down quite a bit, apparently, they are not taking any more subbies on at the moment and also, if a subbie leaves, they are not replacing them :open_mouth:

So your still on then Rob :sunglasses: ??I was a bit worried mate.

bikemonkey:

shuttlespanker:
you right about the new drivers rest room and showers in Felixstowe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

shame the showers are a little on the small side though

i run as a subbie with 2 trucks on Hyundai out of Southampton, it has quietened down quite a bit, apparently, they are not taking any more subbies on at the moment and also, if a subbie leaves, they are not replacing them :open_mouth:

So your still on then Rob :sunglasses: ??I was a bit worried mate.

yeah, i still there

i got the 2 red ones in my avatar pic on Maritime and the white one on another container company

who you then?

subbie park ,!! yeh as you come in the yard there is a park for the subbies cus they are not supposed to park in the main yard cus ,(not me i may add) some drivers get the arse !!!

i did the other night tho when a subbie came in and dropped a genset right in the middle of the yard and [zb] off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i couldnt believe it ,

bocockjnr:
subbie park ,!! yeh as you come in the yard there is a park for the subbies cus they are not supposed to park in the main yard cus ,(not me i may add) some drivers get the arse !!!

i did the other night tho when a subbie came in and dropped a genset right in the middle of the yard and [zb] off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i couldnt believe it ,

i don’t give a flying f**k what any driver says, i have a list of places that i can and cannot park, just the same as any driver on for the company, in that list it says i can park in Tilbury depot, not some “subbie park” next door :imp:

So, if you see a red DAF XF SSC parked in Tilbury yard, you know who it is :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i,ll knock you up and share a beer with you no problem :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
aslong as you dont have a genset on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bocockjnr:
i,ll knock you up and share a beer with you no problem :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

woo hoo, sounds like i’ve pulled :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i’ll get my coat :blush:

shuttlespanker:

bocockjnr:

woo hoo, sounds like i’ve pulled :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and i’ll even make you a cuppa.
i work for maritime now, its only early days, but it seems pretty good too me so far.
i’ve come from a small family run firm background, so this is a big culture shock for me, but it seems, as long as i tow the company line, i think it will be a good job, think alot of the time, its what you make it.
some of the drivers, are 24 carat knobs, got their heads shoved so far up their own arses its unreal, all this subby this and subby that lark, really annoys me, but, with a firm of maritimes size, its inevitable, your gonna get the good and bad mentality.
but, don’t tar everyone with the same brush, some of the lads on here, are a real good bunch, will help you where ever they can, and i’d gladly have a beer with them.
the job itself seems good enough too me, its not rocket science, every thing is 100% legal, and they do run top tackle, most with fridges and microwaves, and some with coffee machines too.

so far, i’m enjoying it, see how it carries on.

chilistrucker:

shuttlespanker:

bocockjnr:

and i’ll even make you a cuppa.
i work for maritime now, its only early days, but it seems pretty good too me so far.
i’ve come from a small family run firm background, so this is a big culture shock for me, but it seems, as long as i tow the company line, i think it will be a good job, think alot of the time, its what you make it.
some of the drivers, are 24 carat knobs, got their heads shoved so far up their own arses its unreal, all this subby this and subby that lark, really annoys me, but, with a firm of maritimes size, its inevitable, your gonna get the good and bad mentality.
but, don’t tar everyone with the same brush, some of the lads on here, are a real good bunch, will help you where ever they can, and i’d gladly have a beer with them.
the job itself seems good enough too me, its not rocket science, every thing is 100% legal, and they do run top tackle, most with fridges and microwaves, and some with coffee machines too.

so far, i’m enjoying it, see how it carries on.

you running out of Tilbury then?

as you say, most of the drivers are OK, but there will always be some that spoil it for the many :confused:

your spot on mate, always the minority.
yeah, based at tilbury.
i pretty much keep myself, too myself, too be honest.
still sussing it all out :wink:
like it so far though.