Connor re tesco/stobarts goole

if your about can you give me any info on shop deliveries out of goole[do i remember right you worked there :question: ],ta

I would like to point out that the roundabout at the top of the road leading to Tesco Goole is not owned by Tesco or Stobart haulage.
There is, therefore, no need to blow horns or gesture out of your cabs if someone is already on it when you want to use it.
You may, or may ,not be special cases when you reach Tesco’s gate but not on the roundabout either off the M62 east or at the top of the road.

Reagrds,
Nick :smiley:

Ady! I’ve done stores out of Goole up to North Shields,Hartlepool and Blackpool! :slight_smile:
Easy work on a oneway trip! :slight_smile:

PM’s not working ? :unamused:

I work out of Goole regular - easy life.

dessy:
Ady! I’ve done stores out of Goole up to North Shields,Hartlepool and Blackpool! :slight_smile:

thanks dessy,just intrested as one or more of our drivers had to do a store/stores delivery out of there,normall horror stories about it,just wondered what it was really like.
it may of been one offs or maybe there going to do what they tried once,tip goole,reload tesco store,tip tesco store,back goole,pick up tri and carry on,didnt work in past as with extra store getting truck back hours later than normal,but if we end up tramping maybe it will work.ta

dri-diddly-iver:
I work out of Goole regular - easy life.

thats what i like to hear :wink: :laughing: ,i was worried i might be RUN RAGGED,HARRASED BY PLANNERS ETC,ETC,but this job sounds right up my street : :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,all that worrying for nothing :wink:

ncooper:
I would like to point out that the roundabout at the top of the road leading to Tesco Goole is not owned by Tesco or Stobart haulage.
There is, therefore, no need to blow horns or gesture out of your cabs if someone is already on it when you want to use it.
You may, or may ,not be special cases when you reach Tesco’s gate but not on the roundabout either off the M62 east or at the top of the road.

Reagrds,
Nick :smiley:

couldnt of been a stobart driver :exclamation: :exclamation: ,we have been told[memos on boards] that we are under no circumstances to gesture,hit horn,flash light at any other road user,they under stand what it can be like but they want us to give a polite wave to the other motorist+ a smile,so must of been agency in that stobart truck :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bubsy06:
PM’s not working ? :unamused:

i guess theyve withdrew :unamused: :unamused: my p.m rights

by ady1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 pm

ncooper wrote:

Reagrds,
Nick
couldnt of been a stobart driver ,we have been told[memos on boards] that we are under no circumstances to gesture,hit horn,flash light at any other road user,they under stand what it can be like but they want us to give a polite wave to the other motorist+ a smile,so must of been agency in that stobart truck

Does that explain why your lot have stopped responding , in the time honoured fashion , to being " flashed in " ?

ady1:
if your about can you give me any info on shop deliveries out of goole[do i remember right you worked there :question: ],ta

Was a shunter there.

Basically its cages to stores or inter-RDC deliveries such as running down to Crick. Anything up to 80 cages on the single deck and 130 on the double deck although the double deck do mainly inter RDC. Some stores you use the trailer tail lift, others have their own scissor lift if there’s no floor height loading bay. Occassionally you get unlucky and get one of those chuffing 20ft jobs and do those Esso/Tesco petrol stations.

HOWEVER you can be backloaded from anywhere on any Stobarts contract. It is not uncommon to end up reloading out of Coca Cola at J41 Wakefield and running it up to Sherburn in Elmet on the way back.

Management are a set of arse licking backstabbing ■■■■■ but apart from that I think most of the others are still on planet earth.

ady1:

dessy:

thanks dessy,just intrested as one or more of our drivers had to do a store/stores delivery out of there,normall horror stories about it,just wondered what it was really like.

Depends on who you talk to. For someone who has been on containers and used to sleeping whilst it gets unloaded the job will be a mare. For someone used to doing a bit of graft it’ll be a doddle.

Conor:

ady1:

dessy:

Depends on who you talk to. For someone who has been on containers and used to sleeping whilst it gets unloaded the job will be a mare. For someone used to doing a bit of graft it’ll be a doddle.

ta connor,im used to a BIT of graft,as long as it doesnt lead to a LOT of graft if i get sent there ill be o.k :wink:

Conor:
Management are a set of arse licking backstabbing [zb] but apart from that I think most of the others are still on planet earth.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alright ady1 i done a couple when we been slack and all in all its a doddle just open the straps and roll em off the only bad tip i had was a new one in leigh last night an that was due to some cocking up the notes it also helps if the lad working the back door is good at his job some are quick and can be waiting for you others u can end up waiting for them to clear cages u took off so you can get the next lot off
also the only other advice i can offer is when u get that page showing you the layout of the yard and which way to spin it round etc take em with a pinch of salt if id have followed it i could have really caused some damage on a couple of stores :laughing: :laughing: someone told me when they do the risk assesment tesco clear the yard and then put everything back once its done hopes this helps

shade:

by ady1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 pm

ncooper wrote:

Reagrds,
Nick
couldnt of been a stobart driver ,we have been told[memos on boards] that we are under no circumstances to gesture,hit horn,flash light at any other road user,they under stand what it can be like but they want us to give a polite wave to the other motorist+ a smile,so must of been agency in that stobart truck

Does that explain why your lot have stopped responding , in the time honoured fashion , to being " flashed in " ?

do you flash stobarts in? you must be a minority!

[/quote]

ady1:

Conor:

ady1:

dessy:

ta connor,im used to a BIT of graft,as long as it doesnt lead to a LOT of graft if i get sent there ill be o.k :wink:

wooooaaa ady1 in willing to do some graft shocker!! :wink:

do you flash stobarts in? you must be a minority!

:laughing: what can I say , I’m a nice guy :laughing: