Tesco DC, Goole

Tesco are shortly opening a large distribution centre at Goole (J36 M62) dealing with white goods only. Adverts have been in my local press about warehouse jobs ect but nothing about driving jobs. I’ve been told that Stobarts are running the transport side but after been on Stobbies web site I can’t find any mention of it.
Does anyone on here know who to contact to see about a job here?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Do you happen to know whats happening to that massive warehouse thats been built by the side of the M18 at Thorne? I go past it nearly every day and nothing seems to be happening. I hope its not going to become a new white elephant.

Stobbies are indeed running the transport,as I have had countless conversataions with my mate who works for them on Tesco,out of Daventry.

They are holding an open weekend,this weekend,at the adult learning centre in Goole,however,if you go onto Stobbies site,fill in an application form,it goes directly to the man who is recruiting!!!

Ken.

Eldor - that site at Thorne is for MFI and is to be run by DHL.

There also running out of the old somerfield/kwiksave site at sherburn at the moment! but i am led to believe this is only a temp job till Goole comes online! just seems alot of money to make it operational for a temp period! And all driving jobs in there are only staffed via agency from what i was told.

There also running out of the old somerfield/kwiksave site at sherburn at the moment!

Chilled and frozen only by all accounts,but what I can tell you,is that Goole has been earmarked for 65 trucks.

Ken.

eldor:
Do you happen to know whats happening to that massive warehouse thats been built by the side of the M18 at Thorne? I go past it nearly every day and nothing seems to be happening. I hope its not going to become a new white elephant.

it’s a grant job built by south yorks rejuvenation and some european body to create more local jobs etc because all the pits round this way where shut down and it’s considered a run down area been up for lease since it was built but as penfold says looks like someones took it on now.

Been to see Stobbies and they’ve told me pay details of the Goole job, what do you think?

Mon - Fri (days) - £7.20p/h
(nights)- £8.10p/h

Sat 0600-1500 - £9.50
Sat 1500-0600 - £11.00
Sun 0600-0600 - £10.50

£5 per day operational bonus
£9 per day meal allowance (to be confirmed - currently £3)
£20 night out - trampers (4/5 nights per week)

Guaranteed 50 hrs per week/ 10 hours per day.

New vehicles and trailers - Scania Hi-Line Opticruise

penfold:
Been to see Stobbies and they’ve told me pay details of the Goole job, what do you think?

Mon - Fri (days) - £7.20p/h
(nights)- £8.10p/h

Sat 0600-1500 - £9.50
Sat 1500-0600 - £11.00
Sun 0600-0600 - £10.50

£5 per day operational bonus
£9 per day meal allowance (to be confirmed - currently £3)
£20 night out - trampers (4/5 nights per week)

Guaranteed 50 hrs per week/ 10 hours per day.

New vehicles and trailers - Scania Hi-Line Opticruise

The pay seems about right for what i can remember seen it in their office.

Would it be similar to the rates contained within here:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23835

Ken.

penfold:

Not interested in the wagons. Tesco won’t let you pay for the shopping with a Scania no matter how pretty it is :laughing:

£466 top line for a 5 day 50 hr week on days with no nights out.

Not too shabby for the area but it’s a shame that it’s only £396 without the bonuses. It’s the bonuses that make it. Without them, it’s no better and slightly worse than some jobs advertised on the jobcentre website for Goole.

penfold:

Appaling!

PS: What attitude do they take to freelance contracting? I might be interested at my rates. :wink:

Stan

Stanley Knife:

penfold:

Appaling!

PS: What attitude do they take to freelance contracting? I might be interested at my rates. :wink:

Stan

I have seen a few owner drivers in the Tesco yard pulling from RDC to RDC