Coach Drivers

After stopping overnight and seeing the handy work of Mr Coach Driver at Newport Pagnell to be honest im not surprised one bit.

I know this is’nt CoachNet but Lorry drivers get enough ■■■■ for driving badly but the old glorified Coach driver IMHO drives just as bad,if not worse than your average wagon driver.

Glorified ■■■■■■■ car drivers :angry: :angry:

They get treated to the discounts and lounges at the services etc and all they do is drive around with pensioners at top speed,up the arse of the Car/Wagon/mMotorbike etc ,flashing people out the way,not acknoledging courtesy and basically being a ■■■■■■■ pain in the arse.

Had one today after indicating to pull out for 30 seconds and all the cars closing the gap so as not to let me out,had a gap of about 3 truck lengths coming down the hill at Twyford Down on the M3.
so I pulled out as the coach was’nt gonna let me out either.( and yes I had loads of space and did’nt cut him up)
■■■■
I was flashed and abused :unamused: by Sir Bell End to which I abused him the same (must address them correctly as I think they think they’re Royalty)or something special or whatever

Im surprised there are’nt more accidents involving coaches.

■■■■■■■ bunch of ■■■■■■■ pricks the lot of em :angry: :laughing: Like I’ve said -Glorified Car Driver mentality,
A bad combination in my opinion (I shall await the abuse,and the justification from the eternally awkward pedants among you)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oh dear you really dont like coach drivers do you. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bikemonkey:
After stopping overnight and seeing the handy work of Mr Coach Driver at Newport Pagnell to be honest im not surprised one bit.

I know this is’nt CoachNet but Lorry drivers get enough [zb] for driving badly but the old glorified Coach driver IMHO drives just as bad,if not worse than your average wagon driver.

Glorified [zb] car drivers :angry: :angry:

They get treated to the discounts and lounges at the services etc and all they do is drive around with pensioners at top speed,up the arse of the Car/Wagon/mMotorbike etc ,flashing people out the way,not acknoledging courtesy and basically being a [zb] pain in the arse.

Had one today after indicating to pull out for 30 seconds and all the cars closing the gap so as not to let me out,had a gap of about 3 truck lengths coming down the hill at Twyford Down on the M3.
so I pulled out as the coach was’nt gonna let me out either.( and yes I had loads of space and did’nt cut him up)
[zb]
I was flashed and abused :unamused: by Sir Bell End to which I abused him the same (must address them correctly as I think they think they’re Royalty)or something special or whatever

Im surprised there are’nt more accidents involving coaches.

[zb] bunch of [zb] pricks the lot of em :angry: :laughing: Like I’ve said -Glorified Car Driver mentality,
A bad combination in my opinion (I shall await the abuse,and the justification from the eternally awkward pedants among you)

Look, you’re taking this all to seriously/personally. Just relax. Take no notice of people who beep or flash you !! When i go onto a roundabout i don’t care less about the guy in a hatch or whatever who hits it about 40mph and wants to beep and flash me,same for coach drivers or whoever. Just make your moves, go steady, and take no notice at all. You just make your moves, make them safley and if anyone trys to stop you then just force the move on them, after all, you’re in a big truck. I mean that seriously as well.

Guess same as trucks get decent drivers and get selfish drivers.

A coach crashes its national news, a truck crashes a few lines in a local paper if anything these days.

I see them the same as truck drivers, proffesional drivers, i don’t envy their job with 50 passengers on board raises the stakes a bit.

Plus as well i doubt you would get away with smoking while driving a coach load of peple so screw that !

Kenny1975:
Guess same as trucks get decent drivers and get selfish drivers.

A coach crashes its national news, a truck crashes a few lines in a local paper if anything these days.

I see them the same as truck drivers, proffesional drivers, i don’t envy their job with 50 passengers on board raises the stakes a bit.

Plus as well i doubt you would get away with smoking while driving a coach load of peple so screw that !

…nah you just get to use all the parking spaces put to one-side in the truck park when it suits the book,oh and tax free tips from your load and also a 6-10 hour rest period in say Blackpool(or is that a good thing!) :wink:

In the past couple of weeks i have seen two coaches; National Express; in the 3rd lane of the motorway overtaking trucks that were side by side overtaking ! :open_mouth:
Has the law changed?.

I think it has been said on this site loads of times:you get good and bad in all professions.I’ve seen hgv’s in lane three,hgv’s parked in coach bays etc.Not defending bad drivers in any way,just saying they are all not the same.Alot more hgv’s overturn than coaches do !!Does that mean there are a lot more bad truck drivers than bad coach drivers?? I don’t think so.

extrucker:
I think it has been said on this site loads of times:you get good and bad in all professions.I’ve seen hgv’s in lane three,hgv’s parked in coach bays etc.Not defending bad drivers in any way,just saying they are all not the same.Alot more hgv’s overturn than coaches do !!Does that mean there are a lot more bad truck drivers than bad coach drivers?? I don’t think so.

never said there was,I’ve seen plenty of bad driving from the Wagon driver.and being a Biker have seen complete ■■■■■■■ lunacy from the majority of bikes I see nowadays
You would think that truckers and coach drivers would be pretty much the same,the difference being goods and passengers,we both drive large vehicles after all.

But NO,most of em think they’re something special and they can drive round a lot faster than trucks behaving like complete ■■■■■■

I’ve had a pretty irritable week,seems to me people’s manners,courtesy,driving ability complete stupidity is getting worse by the week and that goes for drivers of all vehicles.but I think I feel another thread coming on for that one :wink:

Yes have seen trucks in 3rd lane aswell. Quite agree good and bad coach and truck drivers. But when three large vehicles like that are side by side, there’s not much road left and if they put a wheel in the gravel of the central reservation. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

I’ve had abuse aimed at me by other truck drivers on three occasions recently for being in lane 3. One occasion it was just after exit from Dartford tunnel where it is the A something or other and not the M25, once on the M25 by the M11 exit, there are 3 lanes but the M25 is only 2 at that point as the other one is the exit slip and once on the A55. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bikemonkey:
But NO,most of em think they’re something special and they can drive round a lot faster than trucks behaving like complete [zb].

Maybe because we have a higher speed limit than HGVs :unamused:
A roads - HGV = 40 mph, bus/coach 50mph
Dual carriageways - HGV = 50mph, bus/coach = 63mph
Motorways - HGV =60mph, bus/coach = 63mph

Whilst we’re on the subject of complete [zb], why do some truck drivers like un/loading in bus stops :question:
You dont see us pulling onto loading bays at warehouses/RDCs do you :question: :unamused:

bikemonkey:
They get treated to the discounts and lounges at the services etc and all they do is drive around with pensioners at top speed…

Translation:-

If you bring 50+ people in here who are going to spend money we’ll give you a discount on the breakfast the lorry drivers won’t touch.

Stan

DAF95XF:
Whilst we’re on the subject of complete [zb], why do some truck drivers like un/loading in bus stops :question:

Errr cant say I’ve ever seen that one and besides the thread was’nt about BUS drivers

You dont see us pulling onto loading bays at warehouses/RDCs do you :question: :unamused:

PMSL :open_mouth: No I certainly dont you crazy thing you :unamused:
but then again, I cant say I’ve read anything worse as a comparison than that last sentence.

bikemonkey:
Errr cant say I’ve ever seen that one and besides the thread was’nt about BUS drivers

I know, but a PCV licence allows me to drive coaches as well (passed my test on a coach), besides I dont see anybody else really standing up for coach drivers :unamused:

Ive a lot of respect for coach drivers.

Can imagine some jobs are great like taking a bunch of american tourists up the west highlands or round parts of Ireland. Getting large tips tax free. But also heard those kinda jobs the pay is basically minimum wage and your relying on tips to bring your wages up.

But imagine the reality for a lot of coach drivers is dull boring trunking passengers between places like Glasgow and London. Apart from the fact you have the safety of 50 passengers on board, they are also members of the general public who i can imagine can be a right pain in the arse. Constantly complaining about anything and dealing with drunken ■■■■■■■■■■

As a kid traveled from Glasgow to London quite a bit to see relatives we used to use the coach but nearly everytime we did it involved the coach having to be met by the police or driven to a policestation to deal with trouble on the bus. Seen a bunch of drunken teens start fighting, seen some mental deranged guy attack another passenger for no reason with a bottle, seen some drunk couldnt be bothered going to the toilet so stood up and peed on some old woman etc… This was on three journeys, never used the coach again unless really desperate.

So can imagine can be a right pain having to deal with the morons on the road and also deal with the morons on the coach, Plus as well driving along in an arctic some ■■■■ cuts you up have to slam on the brakes you get annoyed but driving a coach you then have 50 people making a complaint against you because of your driving.

I would never become a coach, or what i call them bus drivers…

All them people talking behind your back…

Not for me… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

bikemonkey:
But NO,most of em think they’re something special and they can drive round a lot faster than trucks behaving like complete [zb].

Maybe because we have a higher speed limit than HGVs :unamused:
A roads - HGV = 40 mph, bus/coach 50mph
Dual carriageways - HGV = 50mph, bus/coach = 63mph
Motorways - HGV =60mph, bus/coach = 63mph

Isnt it HGV = 60 mph and bus/coach = 70 mph?

:slight_smile:

ps : I’m now only a part time coach driver but i think the best drivers are (non foreign) HGV drivers! :slight_smile:

Driving a Bus and/or a Coach is IMHO more stressful than driving a Truck - however Truck drivers probably get stress from other departments as it were.

I start doing National Express work this coming monday after doing Bus work flat-out around Southampton for 3 1/2 years and that’s the type of work that is really stressful…if the punters were like posh people then there’d be no problem, but as people who use buses will know, it’s not like that at all! Peasants, old people (wombles as the bus industry calls 'em) and smelly homeless people high on drag will forever pollute your day and soon wipe the smile off of your face.

There’s always the constant argument that Bus/Coach drivers are higher above Truck drivers…but I don’t think either has the upper-end over the other to be quite honest. I ignore car drivers, fear motorcycle riders and hate bicycle riders!

Even when I’m running late I’ll let in another Bus/Coach/Truck driver as I always say to myself that we’re in the same boat in a way - Professional (Vocational) Drivers. Perfect example (for anyone that knows Southampton) is Vincents Walk in the heart of Southampton City Centre…Vincents Walk is housed to the main terminus area for Buses in Southampton, including reversing areas for Trucks to get up through to the stores in Above Bar Street (which is pedestrianised) - I’ll quite happily sit there for 5 minutes in the worst-case-scenario and allow them to Reverse up that narrow entrance road to make their delivery. I did my C+E (Class 1) course back in April and passed the driving test in the attempt to see what it’s like to Reverse a trailer…and after 1 hour of Reversing a Trailer in a completely empty yard into a make-shift Garage my mind was splitting open from all the concentration…let alone up a narrow service road just wide enough for a Truck!

Richard
:slight_smile:

The Lyonator:
I ignore car drivers, fear motorcycle riders and hate bicycle riders!

I love it, thats going on my sig!.

:smiley:

i think national express work is possibly the easiest job you can get driving a psv. Most drivers are paid a lot less than bus drivers on local routes which can be tedious and really repetitive with regular stopping and starting and low speeds. Excepting road closures national express operate on set routes so it really just a glorified bus route. You’re much less likely to get stuck behind another coach on a motorway that you can’t overtake unlike with lorries!