Close one

This car driver was definately cool, most would have just braked and ended up a part of the accident :open_mouth:

Too close luky driver

Very lucky !!! Hope he bought a lottery ticket that day

that is one COOOOOOOOL dude . he didn’t even swear .i’d of been ■■■■■■ and jeffin for a week

bagpuss:
that is one COOOOOOOOL dude . he didn’t even swear .i’d of been ■■■■■■ and jeffin for a week

:laughing: yeah, especially while sorting out the mess which used to be one’s undercrackers!

Not surprised there was an accident, though.

They were ALL driving on the wrong side!! :grimacing:

Yes good reaction but very lucky there wasn’t another truck (or even a car) still coming behind the first.

We discussed something similar (the one where the artic comes through the centre barrier & bursts into a fireball) here on TN a month or 2 back, what caused the truck to suddenly skid off?

looks like the transit slows down quite a bit on the bend, trucks coming up behind him pretty fast,

Yes he was lucky there wasn’t anything behind the truck but in all honesty, though I’ve pretty quick reactions, I think id’ve braked- quite scarey really.

Looks like he aquaplaned. stop and pause at 0.04 and 0.05, you can see the unit looking like it starts to slide away.

Scary stuff :open_mouth:

Mega scary stuff :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bet when he stopped he was straight behind a tree to empty his pants!

Nice skills by the car driver. You gotta wonder how on earth the truck driver managed to knife it though.

i guess that is a policeman who has had special training and certainly put it to good use there,

Awesome driving!!! As someone said above, he didn’t even make a noise, just the clicking of the seatbelt, Handbrake, and door handle. Not a swear word in sight :grimacing:

bullitt:
Looks like he aquaplaned. stop and pause at 0.04 and 0.05, you can see the unit looking like it starts to slide away.

Trucks don’t aquaplane, they are not susceptible to it due to their weight.

Driveroneuk:

bullitt:

Trucks don’t aquaplane, they are not suceptible to it due to their weight.

I beg to differ my friend. It happened to me in a loaded tanker. The front wheels aquaplaned on a section of road many of you will be familiar with, it was the M74 southbound dropping down from Beattock. When it rains there you are forever seeing lots of cars facing the wrong way complete with bewildered drivers scratching their heads (the lucky ones that is). I got away with it, and it was only momentary but it most certainly was aquaplaning.

Driveroneuk:
Trucks don’t aquaplane, they are not suceptible to it due to their weight.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not the whole truck, im talking about losing a percentage of traction from a the steering axle.

He is coming around a long left hander and it is (zb)ing down with rain, that rain can pool in the tram lines or there maybe a shallow hollow enough to create a shallow puddle or spread of water. That could be enough to lose your steering traction and off you go!! :wink:

There have been a few times where I have accelerated out of danger but then I have been in a vehicle that can handle the traction and power. Other times I do prefer to stop or pull in or whatever.

A friend drives a similar vehicle, a RR 3.9 V8 Auto and doesn’t do that much driving but has picked up the annoying habit of accelerating out of danger all the time, unfortunately his POV is to do it ALL the time, which isn’t recommended really is it.

But yes, that driver above was lucky and responsive, a quick thinker. Whilst he probably didn’t soil his trousers the adrenaline rush would have soon caught up to him!!!