Anyone on here....pic

Lucky

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
definite change of underwear required :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And my car’s handbook tells me not to load luggage such as cases or shopping above rear seat height in case of having to stop suddenly. :laughing:

A whole new meaning to “Irn Bru” Made from Girders :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wonder if he went across the road and bought a Lottery Ticket for tonights Euro Millions Draw :laughing: :laughing:

Amazing

The driver was very lucky :open_mouth:

:bulb:

Nigel Day
Manor Farm Buildings
Stoke Road
Martock
TA12 6AF
Somerset
Tel: 01935 824287
Fax: 01935 825442

lucky look,s to me like careless driving

carlbrum:
lucky look,s to me like careless driving

Well not having a full HGV licence yet i wasnt sure whether to say that.

But yeah having to slam on the anchors at the last minute to pull up at traffic lights doesnt speak forward planning to me really. I guess he could have been cut up or something, but then you’d expect to see a car stuck to the end of that RSJ wouldnt you?

I guess next time he’ll make sure the load cant slide forward, i seem to remember somthing in the theory test about not loading steel above the level of the trailer headboard?

Look’s like a case of going to fast and light’s have changed to red and he was going a little fast and the force of applying brakes has caused the metal beam to smash through the rear of the cab and exit via the windscreen.

This happened to a driver last year just after exiting the Eurocentral.He was carrying a load of metal pipes,i don’t know what caused it but this time the driver wasn’t as lucky as this lad was,he sadly died at the scene. :cry:

It’s certainly one way of improving the ventilation in the hot weather, and saves a fortune on windscreen wipers.

It might have been careless driving, we don’t know the facts.

But it is certain the load wasn’t secure. That is down to the driver. But, there but for the grace etc…

Although I know you load slippy stuff like steel against the headboard, stopping it starting to move is half the battle, and I know therefore that you shouldn’t load above headboard height, but what do you do with comparatively light cargo like structural steel? I know all the years I shifted beams and poles for Conder stacked up about 6 foot off the deck with a 2 foot headboard I was very lucky.

Or was I? Maybe, knowing what I did about the load, I drove just that little bit more carefully and with a little bit more foresight.

I think I’ve just talked myself full circle. Back to careless driving. :blush:

Salut, David.

Seems the driver may have been pre-occupied with something else - maybe map■■? Don’t know but it could have been a totally different story had anyone actually been crossing at the time.

lucky fella but did he get planning permission from the local council to build a skateboarding ramp nr a busy set of lights for the six weeks school holidays … just watch the ice cream sellers hot dog stalls appear soon

Vehicle details
Manufacturer SCANIA
Model
Body type TRACTOR
Colour MAROON
Fuel type HEAVY OIL
Date manufactured 31 December 1998
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 04 December 2002

:slight_smile: At least the drivers OK and it was a crappy P cab anyhow. :slight_smile:

shows the quality and strength of scania :wink: :smiley:

Careless driving? Insecure load? Driver error? Let’s lynch him from the nearest lamp post and be done with it!

None of us know what actually happened… How many times have you approached a pedestrian crossing to have some ■■■■ retentive egit step out in front of you, thinking they have right of passage despite the lights still being green? Or, it could have been a child…

Not loading above the headboard… Insecure load… What utter twaddle! Next time you see a flat trailer with the load above the headboard, inform the particular driver he’s being negligent. You won’t do that because its much safer giving someone a hard time from the safety of your living room!

The driver’s got enough on his mind (no pun intended!) without you lot condemning him before knowing the facts.

Boomerang:
Vehicle details
Manufacturer SCANIA
Model
Body type TRACTOR
Colour MAROON
Fuel type HEAVY OIL
Date manufactured 31 December 1998
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 04 December 2002

thanks for that info
:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

brummie:
Careless driving? Insecure load? Driver error? Let’s lynch him from the nearest lamp post and be done with it!

None of us know what actually happened… How many times have you approached a pedestrian crossing to have some ■■■■ retentive egit step out in front of you, thinking they have right of passage despite the lights still being green? Or, it could have been a child…

Not loading above the headboard… Insecure load… What utter twaddle! Next time you see a flat trailer with the load above the headboard, inform the particular driver he’s being negligent. You won’t do that because its much safer giving someone a hard time from the safety of your living room!

The driver’s got enough on his mind (no pun intended!) without you lot condemning him before knowing the facts.

I’ll second that.