classic truck

Hi

For sheer rarity value, I’d go for a M/E spec Marathon with the full sleeper & everything including the kitchen sink, they even had hot running water, would probably do it BRS overland Iran colours, like the one Sandman Norman drove… Never likely to find one though, as they’d all dropped to bits by the time they were 12 months old… :cry:

Jerry

AEC MkV Mandator Unit pre 65…Tony.

after giving it much thought the first truck i ever owned was a sk merc 1633 if i had a choice i would go for one of those sentimental value of course .probably more chance of finding rocking horse zb. :cry:

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:
Got to be the Guy big j 8xlb for me!!! :laughing:

sorry Bewick couldn’t resist !!! :unamused:

E.W.

hl lads,
dennis you have done it again mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .good subject martyn.as for favourite classic truck.i have oh so many :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
regards andrew

as i know you have done a few a credit to you but there must be one that stands out that would really like to own cheers martyn.

morning martyn,
i you ask me to mention one,then a ■■■■■■■ powered atki. borderer.they (to me anyway) epitomise the uk haulage scene in the late 60’s and early 70’s,when i was a truck mad kid :smiley: .
regards andrew

probably on your list regards martyn.

Never drove one, never owned one but I’d love an early twin headlight 4x2 Volvo F12 globetrotter, an absolute classic looking truck. It sums up my vision of a proper long-haul lorry (although I’ve a host of other ones I like too!) Anyone got one for sale?!!

Regards,

Mark.

sammy dog:

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

hl lads,
dennis you have done it again mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .good subject martyn.as for favourite classic truck.i have oh so many :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
regards andrew

as i know you have done a few a credit to you but there must be one that stands out that would really like to own cheers martyn.

morning martyn,
i you ask me to mention one,then a ■■■■■■■ powered atki. borderer.they (to me anyway) epitomise the uk haulage scene in the late 60’s and early 70’s,when i was a truck mad kid :smiley: .
regards andrew

hi mart.
you are wrong :smiley: !re: sk merc. it’s not probably on my list,it’s definatley on my list,especially joint’s 1748,g800 hth.i have contacted every dealer i know and many more that i don’t in an attempt to locate/buy that truck.i suspect? she has ended up overseas along with all the other brilliant sk’s :smiley: .
regards andrew

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

hl lads,
regards andrew

morning martyn,
regards andrew

hi mart.
you are wrong :smiley: !re: sk merc. it’s not probably on my list,it’s definatley on my list,especially joint’s 1748,g800 hth.i have contacted every dealer i know and many more that i don’t in an attempt to locate/buy that truck.i suspect? she has ended up overseas along with all the other brilliant sk’s :smiley: .
regards andrew

sorry i meant an atki for you and 1633 for me probably have to take a trip to some foreign land to find the remains of one cheers martyn.

brookie:
Never drove one, never owned one but I’d love an early twin headlight 4x2 Volvo F12 globetrotter, an absolute classic looking truck. It sums up my vision of a proper long-haul lorry (although I’ve a host of other ones I like too!) Anyone got one for sale?!!

Regards,

Mark.

After an F16 my second choice would’ve been exactly the same, a round headlight gobstopper so had I chosen not to buy the ‘Sixteen’ I picked up last week this was going to be my next visit;

mascus.co.uk/Transportation/ … 65d26.html

Ross.

That F12 looks well tidy bigr250, its never going to be a 16 though is it, I saw you on the 25 Wednesday running on German export plates, well if it was’nt you someone else must have bought the last F16 in Germany :smiley: Looks smart fella.

maxhagar:
Dont know if any of you lads have been over to Malta on holiday but you wouldnt believe how many old British trucks there are running about/ laid up over there. Get yourselves over there it would be like Christmas and your birthday rolled into one.

have a mate who works in malta ill try and get an invite and have a mosey around cheers martyn.

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

hl lads,
regards andrew

morning martyn,
i you ask me to mention one,then a ■■■■■■■ powered atki. borderer.they (to me anyway) epitomise the uk haulage scene in the late 60’s and early 70’s,when i was a truck mad kid :smiley: . have you done a dvla vehicle enquiry regards martyn.
regards andrew

hi mart.
regards andrew

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

All well and good,but could you find one■■? Bewick.

pete 359:

sammy dog:

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

hl lads,
regards andrew

morning martyn,
regards andrew

Bender:
Despite the mix of positive and negative about Atkinsons, it would have to be a ■■■■■■■ engined Borderer for me, Ideally TEC204M…

An S50 Foden would attract a fair bit of attention at the summer rallies I think, as would a Leyland Landtrain. I had a coachbuilt Seddon many years ago ( I cannot remember the model no. but it was the one before the Motor Panels cabbed 32/4 that came out in the late '60s ) and one of them would be on the list. I was tempted to reply to an advertisment about an OY Bedford a few months ago but at the moment storage space is a bit of a problem. Regards to all, Haddy. PS. I HATED the 32/4 Seddon.

Couldnt afford 1 and definitely wouldnt know how to restore 1 but it would be a Mammoth Major mkv park royal cab or a Mandator V8 or a Marathon 2 TL12 in that order :smiley:

hiya,
Money no object, i’d buy a fully restored Scania 80 and set it alight, watching it burn would give me a high.then when i’d made sure it was beyond restoration i would drive off in a fully restored Atki Borderer with any power pack combination.
thanks harry long retired.

For me it would be a 1972/3 ergo cab AEC Mercury, the last of them with the chrome grill, with a wooden triple-dropside body.

bigr250:

brookie:

Regards,

Mark.

After an F16 my second choice would’ve been exactly the same, a round headlight gobstopper so had I chosen not to buy the ‘Sixteen’ I picked up last week this was going to be my next visit;

mascus.co.uk/Transportation/ … 65d26.html

Ross.

Nice one Ross, there was one the same on mascus a few months ago, in Belgium, 6000 euros! Lovely motors and I’d chose one over anything else!

Good luck with it!

Regards,

Mark.

brookie:
Nice one Ross, there was one the same on mascus a few months ago, in Belgium, 6000 euros! Lovely motors and I’d chose one over anything else!

Good luck with it!

Regards,

Mark.

I’ve been following Mascus along with 3 or 4 other European truck sales websites for the last 6 or 7 months looking for a Volvo Globetrotter, I really wanted an F16 but would have been happy with a round headlight F12.

Ross.