Old truck magazines

i have a lot of copys of old truck magazines from 1985 onwards if anyone wants certain ldd or anything like that give me ashout :laughing:

Truck was renown for its Test Match road tests, the very first one was in October 1974,and featured a ( then new )Leyland Marathon v Dodge . Because there were so many different makes to choose from back then ,Truck were able to test two different trucks every month for months on end!! Unlike today when you,ve only got about half a dozen makes to choose from. Given the choice, which one of these two would you have had 30 odd years ago?

i will go for the dodge me dad drove 1 years ago went to france with him in it and it wasnt half bad.thats a spanish dodge i believe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Heres the pic again.

I seem to be having a senior moment with my scanner, i thought i had accidently deleted the first photo , thats why i posted it again!! Never mind.
Going back to the original question, i think i would just go for the Marathon.

Given the choice I would go for the Marathon.The Dodge wasn’t a bad machine but I think a little cramped :laughing:

Both these motors were new in 74, but i cant imagine too many people choosing the Bedford over the new MAN.

no i think i would go for the man without a doubt :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thats why theres no more british truck manufacturers :frowning:

if they made good ones they would still be here :slight_smile:

well if operators brought them they would probably have invested more
to update them,who knows.people buy them,they get updated and
modernised.the same could’ve happened to a bedford tm a marathon or
a transcontinental just to name a few.but hey,now we will never know
will we â– â– ?

look what they did with erf foden sed atki they sold them to foreign firms leyland to daf erf to western star then they sold to man foden to paccar who later bought daf so the only people to blame are the people who sold them to these companys.sed atki still make dustbin carts and the like but they were owned by enasa the people who made pegasos but pegaso is no more i dont know about enasa.didnt david brown buy bedford and call them awd dont know if thats still going. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

enasa/pegaso was sold to iveco in the early 90’s

The choice of available motors back in the mid seventies was huge, just think how many units where available on an N plate for example, the list is endless!!.Everything from a Transcon to an AEC Mandator, Guy Big Js, F88s,Foden S80s and ERF were offering the last of the A series or the first of the Bs, likewise you could have an Atkinson Borderer, a Seddon or a new Seddon Atkinson 400, all on an N plate, yes the list is endless.