Class2 work exp wanted

Firstly a big hello to the TNUK forums. :slight_smile:

I would be very grateful to any one who’s willing to let me ride passenger at the weekend in any type of Class 2 vehicle in the Avonmouth area of Bristol.

I passed my Class 2 in May 08 and currently drive a 7.5 ton but am looking for some help with my confidence with the bigger size of vehicle and different gear sticks for when it comes to having to demonstrate my skills in an interview.

I’m obviously not looking to drive the vehicle, just to sit and watch. If anyone can help, lunch (and a pint at the end of the day) would be on me. :wink:

Can anyone help :question: If not, thanks for reading. :unamused:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome MikeDBristol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
:bulb: You might try asking this in the PDF as that is the most popular forum on this site :bulb:

Getting your CE will open up more options for you as many newbies have recently found out

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Look out for anyone who says yes but insists you sit on their knee :wink:

Hi and welcome to trucknet :smiley: :smiley:

Seems you got a fair bit of experience in 7.5…

I would make a draft letter,go on yell.com search for all hgv lgv companys and send it to everyone in order of distance from your house, you could always try calling. Offer to do shunting, double manning etc… Apply for all jobs you see advertised whether looking for experience or not, if you can get talking to someone on a phone or in person you stand a better chance… Keep a log and send maybe 6 to 8 a week.

Good luck…

Thanks for the tips and advice ROG, JeffA and Steve. :smiley:

It’s time to get on the case. :sunglasses:

I should mention the training company I used, called SOMAX, based in Avonmouth. I passed first time, and was trained by a chap called Keith, I would recommend them unless anyone else has heard otherwise. They’ve got a website to contact them through.

MikeDBristol:
I should mention the training company I used, called SOMAX, based in Avonmouth. I passed first time, and was trained by a chap called Keith, I would recommend them unless anyone else has heard otherwise. They’ve got a website to contact them through.

SOMAX are already on the list of schools which have been recomended by members - thanks anyway :smiley: