HGV class 2 passed

hello to everyone ive only just joined this forum and looks very interesting so i look forward to reading a few posts.ive been driving 7.5t lorry for about 15 years and ive always wanted to upgrade my licence and i have now done that via my company paying for this. ive been waiting 2 years for company to sort this out and they did and i passed 2 weeks ago.
i`ve been driving the class 2 for nearly 2 weeks now and iam really enjoying the job compared to 7.5t work much better.
i hope to upgrade my licence again to class 1 but i would like to gain some experience driving 18t for about a year or so.
look forward to speaking with you all.

fran

Welcome to Trucknet wardreefa :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Well done on passing your C :smiley:
Any ambitions to go for C+E in the future :question:

PS as you can see by the time I posted, I have no interest in football :open_mouth: :laughing:

thanks for your reply
yes i would like to upgrade licence to C +E but as i`ve only just passed class 2 i would like to gain some experience first and save some money for funding the licence ect ect…
the only problem i can see is if i did pass my C+E how to go about applying for jobs as i would have no experience with this licence and i have very few contacts in this type of work.
regards to football iam sat here on my laptop typing and watching the game and at the moment england winning 1-0 and playing very well to my suprise.

fran

wardreefa:
the only problem i can see is if i did pass my C+E how to go about applying for jobs as i would have no experience with this licence and i have very few contacts in this type of work.
fran

there are plenty of posts on this subject on this site and a lot of drivers on here who will give you excellent advice on how to get over the catch 22 situation.

Welcome to the site

WELL DONE

:laughing:

Well done on passing your class 2

wardreefa,

Well done on passing your class 2.

I have just passed my Class 1 and have been finding the problem you mention. All of the permanent roles I have enquired about say they require the 2 years experience and so have a number of agency jobs, however after a lot of perseverance, I have now found a company (Bowmurs) willing to give me an assessment for a full time job and I have now done 2 weekend working for Spar through an agency driving class 1 and they have just asked for my availability again for all three days this weekend.

So the work is there for the inexperienced driver, it’s just a matter of finding someone to give you a break.

Ian.

thanks for all your kind replys
its probably going to be a while before a attempt my class 1 licence depending on ££££ and this would then give me some useful experience driving class 2.
ive now completed 2 weeks and iam really enjoying my job as compared to driving 7.5t around london this is much better and less stress.e ive even bought myself a laptop for when iam waiting to be unloaded as i suspect most of you have much waiting about.
i picked myself up a converter today as my lorry is 24v and laptop needs 12v so i picked one up at £13 which i thought was very cheap as halfords wan ted £50 checked and tried and works.
iam on holiday next week so i should have some time to have a look at class 1 jobs just to see what the job requirements are and what type of money`s i can earn.
i just wanted to ask if anyone on this forum keeps marine fish corals as this is a big hobby of mine.
if possibe would i be allowed to post a picture of my tank

thanks again for your replys speak soon
fran

wardreefa:

driversrelief.co.uk/

they are based in ludgershall. all ex drivers. they might be able to help you out. i worked for them for quite a while

wardreefa:
i just wanted to ask if anyone on this forum keeps marine fish corals as this is a big hobby of mine.
if possibe would i be allowed to post a picture of my tank

Hi wardreefa, Congrats on the test pass!!
I don’t keep any fish myself, check my avi to see why :wink:
I reckon that Bully’s (scroll down when you hit the forum index page) might be ok for posting pics of your tank.

could someone please tell me if it would be ok for me to post a picture and if so how can this be done on here.

iam wasnt sure where to post this so here goes. last week on monday i had a few drops nr birmingham and my first drop was bidford on avon so i was on the A46 driving in a bulit up area so driving very much to speed limits as iam unsure of speed cameras.
i heard the sound of a horn and looked in mirror and noticed an artic lorry behind me.
as we came out of built up area the artic lorry was so close to me i started to get intimidated by this.
i then started to climb down a steep hill and i was continously looking in my mirrors by this time the driver was flashing headlights and making hand gestures. i checked my speed and i was on the limit so i couldnt go any faster if i wanted to and by this time the artic driver couldnt get any closer if he tried. once i got to the bottom of the hill there was a long straight road but i ended up behind a tractor. once i could see nothing coming the other way i indicated to over take and looked in my mirror and the artic driver was over taking both me and the tractor and he ended up going onto the grass verge to do this which brought up dust everywhere. i then overtook the tractor as still nothing coming this other way and i could see a roundabout ahead and the artic lorry put his brakes on at the last moment again bringing up dust from the road. he then came to a stop at this point i thought he was going to get out of his lorry but he just pulled away. whilst all this was going on i didnt think about getting his number plate as i was so taken back by it all.
the only thing i can remember is the artic lorry trailer was white and had something like innertive or something to this word.
if the driver was getting upset as i was driving to the speed limit this is because the company i work for has a very strict policy about this as we have FTA come in every 3 months to check tachos and we also have a bonus of £400 for who has the best record for tacho break,speed,condition of tacho. iam not sure why ive posted this but i thought i might get some feedback on this matter.
sorry for the long post

Hello mate sorry to hear of your dodgy experience. My opinion is that idiot shouldn’t be on the roads! He’s an accident waiting to happen. I know what I’d liked to have done but thats another story. Anyway mate its your license…you did right sticking to the speed limit. Don’t let anyone try to intimidate you ever. If they want to speed on there head be it.

Stay safe and legal :wink:

Nige

wardreefa:
iam wasnt sure where to post this so here goes. last week on monday i had a few drops nr birmingham and my first drop was bidford on avon so i was on the A46 driving in a bulit up area so driving very much to speed limits as iam unsure of speed cameras.
i heard the sound of a horn and looked in mirror and noticed an artic lorry behind me.
as we came out of built up area the artic lorry was so close to me i started to get intimidated by this.
i then started to climb down a steep hill and i was continously looking in my mirrors by this time the driver was flashing headlights and making hand gestures. i checked my speed and i was on the limit so i couldnt go any faster if i wanted to and by this time the artic driver couldnt get any closer if he tried. once i got to the bottom of the hill there was a long straight road but i ended up behind a tractor. once i could see nothing coming the other way i indicated to over take and looked in my mirror and the artic driver was over taking both me and the tractor and he ended up going onto the grass verge to do this which brought up dust everywhere. i then overtook the tractor as still nothing coming this other way and i could see a roundabout ahead and the artic lorry put his brakes on at the last moment again bringing up dust from the road. he then came to a stop at this point i thought he was going to get out of his lorry but he just pulled away. whilst all this was going on i didnt think about getting his number plate as i was so taken back by it all.
the only thing i can remember is the artic lorry trailer was white and had something like innertive or something to this word.
if the driver was getting upset as i was driving to the speed limit this is because the company i work for has a very strict policy about this as we have FTA come in every 3 months to check tachos and we also have a bonus of £400 for who has the best record for tacho break,speed,condition of tacho. iam not sure why ive posted this but i thought i might get some feedback on this matter.
sorry for the long post

Think you’re talking about Innovate Logistics,have seen them a few times,always seem to be tearing around like headless chickens. :imp: :imp:
The A1’s the worst place I’ve come across for Artics trying to intimidate you,especially on the single carriageway sections.
What is it about a 40mph limit they don’t understand?:x :angry: :angry:

yes thats the company i just wish i got his number plate.
people like this should never be aloud on the road as someone like this will kill someone in time.

Dont worry to much about what is behine you more of what is in front, as if they hit you it is there fault not yours ( thats what I was taught a long time ago )
just place your mirrows so you cant see him/her NEVER feel intimidated

If they do hit you stay in your vechiel and call the police say you are blockin the road they will be there soon enough

wardreefa:
iam not sure why i`ve posted this but i thought i might get some feedback on this matter.

I agree with animal, gsm31 and Big Nige and I’d go further and say the person you encountered was a high-grade five-star numpty. Apart from causing accidents, what would they possibly achieve by driving as fast and as dangerously as you described?? I’m sure our speed “drifts” over the limit now and again, but this sounds like something else entirely. IMHO, I’d say you were spot-on to do what you did. Sod him/her and let them get on with it. I’d say just stick to earning your bonus and keeping your licence safe :wink:

wardreefa:
yes thats the company i just wish i got his number plate.
people like this should never be aloud on the road as someone like this will kill someone in time.

you know better for next time we all live and learn hinsight is a wonderfull thing can I be the first to hit when we meet