Hgv training advice

Hi, im looking for a company to get me through my class 2 license and class 1 license, i may leave a little gap before getting the class 1 though

I was booked in to have an assesment drive with avon driver training / training force, but they cancelled a couple of hours before saying the truck had a load of dash lights on and needs looking at

Should i rebook with them or use another company? Has anyone had any recent experience with them?

Many thanks

These little hiccups do happen from time to time so no worries there as long as the company has assured you that it is a rarity

Two things in their favour:
They contacted you in reasonable time
They weren’t prepared to run the truck with loads of warning lighst showing.
If I were you, I’d rebook and trust my gut instincts.
IMO, it would be unfair to scrub them just because of this.
Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have dealt with Martin and Mark who sub for Avon Training. They are great guys. Who is your assessment with? Martin had to cancel my first assessment as the taillift was stuck on the trailer.

You won’t go wrong with them.

thanks for the replies

i phoned them back up today and arranged another assessment for monday

my assessment is with Mark

Mark is one of the most chilled out guys you will ever meet :slight_smile:

Just thought i would update this thread, had my assessment today with Mark from Training Force, it went fine even though i was a little nervous ha!

He reckons he can get me through in 2 and a half days, im not sure if 2 days is enough driving though for me to feel comfortable enough to go for the test on the third day, need to do a bit of thinking

Im guessing that its 2 blocks of 4 hours on each day then the test on the third, but need to confirm this when i phone them up tomorrow, i forgot to ask today as my mind always goes blank at the most inconvenient of moments.

Anyway, am very glad i did it and cant wait to get my license now!

colz1234:
He reckons he can get me through in 2 and a half days, im not sure if 2 days is enough driving though for me to feel comfortable enough to go for the test on the third day, need to do a bit of thinking

As they appear to have a good reputation I’d go with what they say although that’s not to say you can’t question their decision.

another update!!! oh dear!

i phoned Training Force on wednesday morning to book my training, was told i would get a call back, heard nothing

phoned them over 20 times on thursday and couldn’t get through once

phoned again on friday morning, was told im sure i called you back, even though they didn’t, then they said they would call me back again (which i didn’t really belive as they didn’t the first time) they EVENTUALLY called me back at about 5.20pm, i was too annoyed to answer the phone to them to be honest.

basically took them almost 3 days and multiple phone calls to tell me a date for when i can book my training for, not really too impressed to be fair

am i throwing my toys out the pram or have i got a point?

Would you still use them?

If they are not giving the service you expect then go elsewhere