Class 2 Wonga

Morning all

I’m looking at taking the plunge and starting some class 2 work (had my licence for a while but not used it much) I live in Burton On Trent, anyone know what sort of rate (hate to cancel Xmas!!) I could expect plus is there any work out there

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi aide34 welcome to TruckNet UK :smiley: .
I dont know about your area but would
say class 2 pays between £6 to £7 an
hour and about £2 more for night rate
with agencys. You can earn more by
doing weekends and some jobs pay a
special rate. Also doing a night is about £21.
Good luck :smiley:

hi aide welcome to trucknetuk :smiley:

theres not much going at burton at the moment. even all the agencys have gone slack. you could try knocking on a few doors people like holland and barrett or maybe a few of the local tipper companys.

i cant say ive seen much class 2 work in burton so you may need to look further afield like ashby dairy (tanker or store delivery) or some derby companys. going rate is about £6/7 per hour.

good luck with your search for work

jon

£6/£7 an hour :question: Really that low?

Most of the agency work Im getting at the moment is between £7.50 upto £9 for days. I suppose geography must be a factor though. I getting was £6.60 driving a white van. :open_mouth:

Welcome aide BTW. :smiley:

Welcome to Trucknet aide34. :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to Trucknet. :wink: :laughing:

It’s a long time since I’ve spent anytime at burton so I’m not sure of the state of play but at this time of year things are usually pretty slack.

thanks for your help folks I’ll let you know how tings go
:stuck_out_tongue:

£6 to £7 an hour?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I hope our gaffer dont read this or else I’m gonna have to send the wife out on to the streets. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jase11:
£6 to £7 an hour?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I hope our gaffer dont read this or else I’m gonna have to send the wife out on to the streets. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

got a call from my agency that holland and barrett where hiring…+ their getting rid of all their MANs’ and replacing them with brand new Scanias’ over this and the start of next month…so nice time to join…Traffic office has a nice bunch of geezers…Work is quiet all over agency wise…nearly forgot…ACR the Marks and Spencers side…i believe they may also be recruiting Class 2 drivers…just beware though u will need some patients…ACR have got some silly way’s…and some of the customers u deliver to can really get on your nerves…but overall the lads there seem generally happy and grumble little…

convoy:
Also doing a night is about £21.
Good luck :smiley:

Whoooo. wish i got that… I just done my first night out, and got paid a ■■■■ poor £10, and that was even before tax.

Gary

:frowning: Gary,you must be crazy,I was getting £15 cash in hand before leaving the yard.And that was in 1995.Your boss is taking the [zb]. cheers Joe.

If it needs stars to get past the auto-censor, take that as a hint that it isn’t allowed. :smiley: Simon

I asked them what there night rate was, and he said £15, so what happened to the other £5 i said.

Well we paid you food, that was it, i blew…hang on i said, i didnt even know i was going to be doing a night out, too right you pay the food, it was your stupidity that left me out there in the first place. (sorry rant over) hehehehe

I wont be doing anymore nights out for this company.

Gary
PS Taking class 1 next week, so hopefully (fingers crossed)

seen a couple of the 06 plate scanias knocking about. p cab sleepers look quite good.

jon