to move my time forward. Also I checked today
and my last test I had mr Gammage.

Excellent read and pics Convoy :smiley: :smiley:

Best of luck for tomorrow mate.

Cheers. I will let you know as soon as I get
back how things went. I will try and get a pic
after the test

Fingers crossed.

Remember - you will hardly ever be critisised for being too cautious so take your time and get it right :wink:

Convoy, good luck mate. Just take your time. I know it’s easy for me to say.

all the best for 2morrow buddy,just try not to think to hard that its an xamineer sitting nx to you , just think of him as your traineer, well thats what i did anyway.
good luck :laughing: vigfan

Fingers & Toes crossed for ya m8, have a good drive, and the best of luck with it fella

Good luck Convoy,we all wish you well :wink:

gd luck !!

All the best mate. :smiley:

Failed again 1 serious fault. There is a set of traffic
lights at roundhay area and I was turning right at
them and straitened it up and just ran over the edge
of the kerb. On the upside though I got it in the bay
without a shunt which I was chuffed about. I did not
like the examiner because on the show me/tell me
questions he asked me 2 Tell Me questions that I
answered but he wanted me to also show him as
well and explain in detail. For example he asked me
what I would look for when checking the suspension
ect. I got both questions right but had to think for a
minute. After the questions I knew I would not pass
has he was very keen and made me more nervous.
Andy told me this guy was one of the main men from
Patrick green test centre. His name is r beckwith and
I hope I dont get him again

The truck with hired trailer -

Sorry to hear about your test convoy :frowning:

Hi Convoy,

You sound like I felt during my Class 2 ordeals recently. After failing both of my first two tests, although feeling gutted at having failed, I also felt surprisingly pleased at how well I did the whole thing which made me feel that I would pass eventually. By the time of my third test I had become somewhat depressed and got myself into thinking I’d never pass, needless to say I had a much worse test and did lots of things wrong that were failable, but by some miracle he actually passed me.

I do think the tests are a bit over the top in realistic terms. On all three of my class 2 tests I never got over 5 minor points, only two minors on one test and at the end of the day, clipping a kerb isn’t the end of the world and so long as you’re not making a habit of it and you are only clipping it and not actually driving right over it, I dont see why such a stupid little thing should cost you so dear. I actually clipped a kerb in the test I passed due to a moments stupidity on my part at a round-a-bout, not only that, but I then proceeded to roll back slightly before banging the handbrake on, then in a fluster I tried setting off in the wrong gear, meaning I missed my chance and prior to all this I blocked an area that I shouldn’t have, so in the space of 1 minute I did 4 stupid things and was convinced of a fail, though I still did my best for the rest of the test just in case. I think atleast half of it is down to luck and if its not your day, they’ll fail you no matter what, or even pass you unless you do something very serious.

I’ve got all this to come again, I can’t wait! :cry:

Unlucky Convoy :cry:

Bad luck.

Get yourself to the one at Walton - it’s a breeze of a run and you can’t fail (to pass).

Keep going you will pass :wink:

Thanks for the reply’s :smiley: . My drive today was ok
but not as good as last time in my opinion and
It was just an error of judgement that I ran over
the edge of the kerb. It was at walton rob and it
was the examiner who was from patric green.

Welcome to TruckNet UK DGW131 :smiley:

Forget them who you’re with. Get yourself down to the conbase and collar Paul Gentle of ADTS (Advanced Driver Training Services), he’ll sort you out. Or ring him on 0800 085 1265 and tell him I sent you. He’s a good instructor and he’s got a nice ex Royal Mail DAF85 unit with 16 speed box.