Class 1 retest update

Unlucky Convoy, keep your head up and you will pass.

as echoed by many on here good luck , you really deserve it mate

sorry to hear the result convoy like a muppett i should have read all the posts first sorry for jumping the gun oopps dont give up though mate

Sorry to hear your result Convoy. Better luck next time.

You sound like you can drive the vehicle Convoy and that the examiner wanted to up his fail rate. It would be a shame if you stopped now. Keep plugging away, you’ll get it :wink:.

DGW131, let me post a belated (sozzled) welcome) :laughing:.

Hard luck m8 - I think you already know you’re going to keep going for this, and you will get it. Speaking as someone who’s just at the start of the process, your positive attitude on these forums to the whole business has been a real inspiration :smiley:

Ta for that and good luck for the next one :wink:

Thanks everyone for your comments and
reply’s they are very much appreciated :smiley: .
Thanks rob for posting those details but
I am going to keep with L&T as they are
good instructors and I like the truck and
It was my fault I failed. Also a retest is
cheaper than starting from the beginning
with a different instructor and truck. I have
just got to wait know for the phone call with
the retest date.

Hard Luck Convoy. Im sure you will get it just keep pluggin away and dont let them get you down.

I think your right to stick with L+T as all schools have different “Ways” of doing things and to change now might put you back abit, what with a new truck, instructor etc.

Good luck for next time. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome DGW131! :wink: :laughing:

Good luck with the retest Convoy! you can do it you know you can. :wink: :sunglasses:

Just read this.
Sorry about your fail Convoy. :frowning: They sure mean business.
Know exactly how you feel. Nerves always get in the way. I’m booked in again for next month…

Good luck with your class 1 next month tallow :smiley:

Gutted for you Convoy, I really am.

But get back on the horse and have another go old chap - you’ll do it next time!

Hope all goes well for you too, Tallow.

:wink:

Hard luck Convoy and Tallow.
Thank goodness I never had to pass a test, I’ve got so much admiration for you youngsters putting yourselves through all this pain and expense.

I do know how you feel though. Many years ago after my brother got married and his bride decided that she didn’t want to be a ‘continental widow’ he got a start on the buses and then moved over to coaches. Seemed like a good idea to grow up and settle down so I went along for an assessment with Nottm City Transport.
Full of confidence but being unused to sitting so far forward of all the wheels I (slightly) clipped a kerb when pulling forward after doing a perfect mirrors only reversing manoeuvre. Not the required standard I was told.

Bearing in mind all the fun I’ve had all over the place since then, I ought to thank the bloke, but at the time I felt so bad.

You’ll get over it mates and I’m sure it won’t be long :laughing:

Salut, David.

hi guys
well i failed again i think this bloke has got it in for me,and at the end of the day what can i do.i had the same bloke as before,as you know he failed me on clipping the kerb and this time he failed me on not checking that the trailer brake was on when loading the trailer oops,the drive was good no kerbs only 7minors before that,the two blokes i was trainning with could’nt beleave that he failed me on just that,im thinking now about going to roadtrain in thurock as theres no way im taking a retest with him again i no hes trying to catch me out as hes all over the place and took me on a route that my trainners did’nt show me,he took me on the tightest roads he could find.and the better i was driving the more he seemed determined to catch me out.

spiddy_ian:
hi guys
well i failed again i think this bloke has got it in for me,and at the end of the day what can i do.i had the same bloke as before,as you know he failed me on clipping the kerb and this time he failed me on not checking that the trailer brake was on when loading the trailer oops,the drive was good no kerbs only 7minors before that,the two blokes i was trainning with could’nt beleave that he failed me on just that,im thinking now about going to roadtrain in thurock as theres no way im taking a retest with him again i no hes trying to catch me out as hes all over the place and took me on a route that my trainners did’nt show me,he took me on the tightest roads he could find.and the better i was driving the more he seemed determined to catch me out.

Sorry to hear that, good luck next time.

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear about the fail - although I know of another guy that got failed at Garratts Green for the same reason, he actually VISUALLY checked the brake - but it has to be PHYSICALLY checked otherwise automatic fail. Other than that 7 minors is pretty good and shows that you can handle the truck on the road. I wouldn’t worry about the examiner - I think that they all come across like that anyway.

G

Sorry to hear your news spiddy_ian :frowning:
and all the best for next time :smiley:

thanx guys for your comments,i understand that a lot of them come across like that as i know doing my class 2, but theres something about this bloke i cant put my finger on it,im in two minds now what to do, dont get me wrong im not giving up i just think that going back to enfeild test centre and getting him again is throwing money down the drain.
any thoughts anyone had these kind of problems.

spiddy_ian:
he failed me on clipping the kerb and this time he failed me on not checking that the trailer brake was on when loading the trailer

Sorry to hear you failed your test again Ian.

You might not like this but, both of the above reasons for failing are ‘Serious’ faults and as such, automatic fail. On another thread here there is quite a long debate about the professionalism of our trade and the training that should or (should not) be included. To put it simply, we can’t water-down the qualifications, nor the exams & tests that give us our credibility along the way.

I am also a DSA Registered driving instructor and when teaching the trailer couple & uncouple, I place great emphsis on properly (and obviously to the examiner) checking the trailer parking brake as it is an easy way to fail. Having said that, I also understand the effect of nerves etc on test day and so I do have sympathy for your situation.

If nothing else, take some small consolidation that as and when you do pass the test, you did it well and will have no wories about your standard of driving as you start the venture that is being a professional driver.