Class 1 (C+E)

After passing my class 2 in Nov 05, I have been doing some agency work and have been driving some right bangers however I have also driven some nice vehicles as well, my favourite being a Volvo fridge wich I had to take from Redditch Worcs to London and back. this had a 4x4 gearbox which I got used to after a couple of c*** ups. I am starting class one training Mon 16 with Easterns in brum and as they have a Volvo artic I am looking forward to it. However I would be greatful if you could all keep everything crossed for me, except perhaps your eyes, as I need this badly as class 2 work with the agencies is not all that plentiful and most of the jobs I have done have been not good to say the least I.e handballing 600 + boxes of light fittings from an ancient Iveco that I seem to be getting every week as nobody else will do it. It always includes nights out and I feel a bit of a fraud parking up at the truckstop in a rigid amongst all those artics. Last week I counted only about 4 rigids at Ashford truckstop amongst hundreds of artics, most of whom were foreign incidentally.
cheers
Ant

quote by ant:

It always includes nights out and I feel a bit of a fraud parking up at the truckstop in a rigid amongst all those artics. Last week I counted only about 4 rigids at Ashford truckstop amongst hundreds of artics, most of whom were foreign incidentally.
cheers

your doing the same job as everyone else regardless of the size of your motor (often class2 is more demanding) so why feel like a fraud.

best of luck with your test and will see you out and about :smiley:

jon

good luck with the training and test ant.

jonboy:
your doing the same job as everyone else regardless of the size of your motor (often class2 is more demanding) so why feel like a fraud.

Agree

Good luck with the training Ant :smiley:

Good luck Ant :wink: keep us posted.

It’s because of feeling a fraud that I ended up traipsing all over europe, it’s amazing how we disguise ambition. :confused: :wink: :laughing:

Best of luck with the class one - the Volvo is pretty good to drive - hope that you get a good week - will keep an eye out (if I get any work that is !!)… …

G

Good luck with the training and test ant :smiley:

Yeah good luck Ant, hoping to do my class 1 in a couple of weeks…

Good luck with your training and test Ant.
regards derek

Good luck with it Ant - now that I’ve got both, I seem to get as much work on Class 2 as Class 1, which makes for variety anyway :smiley: - main thing is, having the 1 has definitely kept me in work.

Enjoy it and keep us posted :wink:

Best of luck with the training Ant!!!

How’s it goin so far?? Is it what you expected?? What you done so far??

I envy everyone one of you on here who can drive cat c/c+e as im still savin like mad to do my training!!! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: However, I’m about halfway there for my cat c so won’t be long now!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Good luck Ant :laughing: :laughing:

hi ant, wot agency are you with? i did a bit for backup staff in dudley recently and they sent me up to halesfield in telford to deliver light fittings, thousands of flourecent tubes all handball ,multidrop, nights out and a grotty iveco to boot!!. did one run for them NEVER AGAIN LOL