Moving forward :)

Hi guys just thought I’d put a post up this evening as I completed my theory, hazard perception and CPC case studies this morning and flew through them all. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be (although I don’t actually know what I was expecting ha) and got on to my training school right away who have booked me in for mod 4 training and test 2nd of march and brought my practical training and test forward to 29th of march as opposed to the original 11th of april. Hoping the rest of it goes as smooth and well as it has so far as I already have a class 2 pallet distribution job lined up ready and it depends how well all the practical side for C goes to how soon I move on to C+E. Looking forward to getting through it and on to the work, all the waiting seems like a drag though. Cheers guys Ryan.

Sounds like you’re flying through it all! Class 2 is pretty straightforward especially if you’ve ever driven vans, although auto gearboxes don’t always make them fun to drive. As for having a job lined up, that is a major hurdle overcome - how on earth did you manage that or is it a trade secret?

Oh and yeah the waiting is the major problem. Got my C+E in February unless anyone takes pity and offers me a class 2 job in Nottinghamshire area in the meantime. Good luck with the class C test, sounds like you’re on a roll.

At least when you get C+E you’ll be able to hold your head up high in the professional trucks thingy forum as they still look down slightly on us C class drivers…in a nice way, I think. :slight_smile:

trevHCS:
Sounds like you’re flying through it all! Class 2 is pretty straightforward especially if you’ve ever driven vans, although auto gearboxes don’t always make them fun to drive. As for having a job lined up, that is a major hurdle overcome - how on earth did you manage that or is it a trade secret?

Oh and yeah the waiting is the major problem. Got my C+E in February unless anyone takes pity and offers me a class 2 job in Nottinghamshire area in the meantime. Good luck with the class C test, sounds like you’re on a roll.

At least when you get C+E you’ll be able to hold your head up high in the professional trucks thingy forum as they still look down slightly on us C class drivers…in a nice way, I think. :slight_smile:

The Auto boxes are fun some times when your on a Single lane A road on a hill , I just love ■■■■■■■ every car behind me off as I crawl up hill going through gears on the manual setting [emoji38]

Passed my theory & hazard on Saturday so onto cat c 2nd Feb & all being well follow on with c+e. I have a couple of contacts for cat c work & a very good contact for c+e so looking forward to it.

trevHCS:

Yeah I’ve driven vans for the past 8 years now and I guess its the same principle just a lot smaller, I’ve never liked auto vans and cars but looking forward to experiencing auto and manual trucks in the future. Yeah it was a big hurdle which actually fired this next move off early I have a mate whose dad owns a distribution company and he’s the depot manager of one of his dads sites and just happens he mentioned to me about moving on from vans and on to class 2 and then eventually class 1 and after he cleared it with his dad and checked with their insurance etc he come back with an official job offer to start after class 2 and dcpc acquisition which obviously I was well chuffed at and Mrs is pleased as she knows how much I’ve always wanted to do it.

Thanks for that I’m giving it my all and hope it pulls off well and the roll continues, the very best of luck with your C+E as well chap, yeah Im not the only one that had noticed that about the C+E lads then, we’ll all be there one day hopefully although I don’t think there’s any maliciousness in it though either. Thanks for the words of encouragement as well :slight_smile:

wrighty1:
Passed my theory & hazard on Saturday so onto cat c 2nd Feb & all being well follow on with c+e. I have a couple of contacts for cat c work & a very good contact for c+e so looking forward to it.

Well done mate, its a good feeling getting it under the belt and moving on. Just the best bits left to do now, roll on course start dates. Good luck and hope all goes well with yours. It definitely helps having contacts out and about and in the correct positions.

Cheers after 16 years in the same job in a factory an unexpected PPI refund has given me the opportunity to do the job I want to do, & good luck to yourself :smiley:

Lovely job, theirs nothing like getting back what’s rightfully yours from those conning bankers and putting it to much better use then lining their pockets! It is a pretty expensive career move which my Mrs was concerned about me pumping our savings in to but it can be earnt back once you get some experience and in to the right job… Or that lucky break :slight_smile: and thanks chap