Clamping as of tomorrow?

Public property does indeed not count. You also need to be careful in Rail station car parks as there is completely seperate legislation for parking there.

Match days parked in the local Tesco for 4 hours though? Fill your boots :grimacing:

As with all these things there will be winners and losers, people who own a bit of land eg shops that have a frontage may well lose out, as could those who own private land near shops or stations.

Up to now if parking has been a severe problem then they could employ parking companies to keep indiscriminate parking under control via clamping as a last resortā€¦though as always the scum element take advantage, on both sides.
In theory unless the landowner is prepared to sue the owner of problem parked vehicles, then come next month it will be a free for all.

Yes i agree it sounds good, none of us like itinerant shaven headed types who extort money from people for 5 minutes over an alloted time and i am glad they will have to find another way to steal, but equally decent people may find their land taken over by parked cars.

Isnā€™t there another change though, making the owner of the vehicle rather than the driver responsible for parking infringements, might see court cases with rather different results in due course.

Weeto,i know Clacket Lane is a con mate,but you get an Ā£11 pound meal voucher,and you get two meals for that,if you are hungry enough to eat two plates of food.
Do clampers clamp trucks with fuel and exposives on the load,or the chemical tankers,not sure if the Fire Brigade Chief would approve of that,Diesel Dave would have the answer.
If you have to call a number to get a clamper to release the truck and they may not be in the area,and there is a chemical leak,happy days then.

As of today, you can get done for parking your body, uninvited, in someone elseā€™s property (without breaking and entering AIUI) - squatting is now a criminal offence. Perhaps thatā€™s where the timing confusion lies.

Lets face it, the clamping companies have brought this on themselves with their over the top ā€œrelease costsā€, and I hope the owners of these bully companies all die of hunger.

The big problem is that now anyone with land has no recourse to the law to stop idiots using their property for illegal parking (although these are the same people that allowed these clamping firms to abuse their rights) so maybe they are also to blame?

I have no sympathy for MSAā€™s though, robbing ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the lot of them.

Vosa can still put a wire and padlock around your wheels,mainly the foreign wagons,unless you can prove a Uk address.

Correct me if I am wrong, but, arenā€™t Msaā€™s part of the public highway ? So might not come under this new ruling for parking on private land ā– ā– 

Does this apply to all vehicles?

DAFMAD:
Correct me if I am wrong, but, arenā€™t Msaā€™s part of the public highway ? So might not come under this new ruling for parking on private land ā– ā– 

In that case it would have to be done by the police or a public authority not by a private clamping company.

Doctors near me have a car park behind my house, they put a massive fence on and electric gates.

Now, due to the doctors being a place where people come and go, these gates are left open during the opening times of the doctors, and are only locked at night and weekends.

BUT, itā€™s the opposite side of the road to the doctors surgery, and most people who visit are too lazy to cross the tiny road, so they park on the road instead, taking the spot Iā€™d park in, so I park in the doctors car park. This has signs with warnings of imobilisation, clamping and locking in of vehicles that are parked there.

Is this now illegal, can they not lock my car in? Iā€™ve noticed the gates havenā€™t been locked yet all September, thought they must be broken again, but maybe they misunderstood and thought the law changed in September too?

DannyDoncaster:

mucker85:
Could they use barriers/gates? Or even just block you in?

I would think thatā€™s entrapment?

That would imobilising your vehicle :exclamation:
this is great news by the way, I wish it would become law here.

Can someone answer that, a legal eagle maybe.

Iā€™ve tried finding the wording on the sites and I canā€™t find the bit I want

waynedl:
Doctors near me have a car park behind my house, they put a massive fence on and electric gates.

Now, due to the doctors being a place where people come and go, these gates are left open during the opening times of the doctors, and are only locked at night and weekends.

BUT, itā€™s the opposite side of the road to the doctors surgery, and most people who visit are too lazy to cross the tiny road, so they park on the road instead, taking the spot Iā€™d park in, so I park in the doctors car park. This has signs with warnings of imobilisation, clamping and locking in of vehicles that are parked there.

Is this now illegal, can they not lock my car in? Iā€™ve noticed the gates havenā€™t been locked yet all September, thought they must be broken again, but maybe they misunderstood and thought the law changed in September too?

Clarification:

You cannot get clamped ANYWHERE unless the person clamping is the owner of the land and they can prove they have made a loss with you being parked there.

Until the end of the month that is then you canā€™t get clamped full stop.

Must admit, I donā€™t have a problem with clamping.

So whatā€™s the plan?

Mass park up and not pay one day, making sure there is ALWAYS a free bay available for someone that wants to use it, therefore they will not be able to prove loss of revenue.