parking tickets

so the clamping companys are now going to stick a ticket on your vehicle because its illegal to clamp you from ist october,and issue you with a fine,how could they find out where to send the summons for non payment if your vehicle doesnt have a name or number on it,or if you were in your car,i thought it was only the police who could check the reg number to find out who owns the vehicle.

You have a point here. How will they know where you live from the start, the fine will be useless

mickyblue:
You have a point here. How will they know where you live from the start, the fine will be useless

Anyone with reason to, can purchase the info from good old DVLA :unamused:

they have to pay dvla to get the detaile’s for the regestered keeper, how’d do you think the like’s of ncp and what not get hold of your detail’s to send a parking charge invoice.

I think they can pay the DVLA for the details of the registered keeper.

As far as i’m aware the new regulations make the registered owner of the vehicle liable if they fail to name the driver, which wasn’t the case before leading to few and frequently lost cases when the responsible driver could not be proved.

I suppose it will take a few court proceedings to see how its going to pan out, the parking companies will probably be more likely to go to court in theory, as they will have someone to pursue, the vehicle owner.

Sorry but how can private companies just issue parking tickets then expect you to pay what ever they decide? Also how can someone just clamp your car, what happens if you cut it off?

Before this goes further…

ONLY THE COUNCIL/POLICE CAN GIVE YOU A PARKING TICKET

These other companies who patrol MSA’s and retail parks etc (Euro car parks and things like that) are nothing more than speculative invoices. They can and will contact the DVLA, however they have NEVER taken anyone to court.

Remember that only local authorities and the police can fine you.
Private companies can only ‘charge’ you for,say, ‘breach of contract’, or similar…and the charge needs to be reasonable for it to stand up to court examination.They also need to show how they were disadvantaged by your action/inaction, and to what extent.

In most cases these private company tickets are hogwash.
Do not react to windscreen tickets at all. If you get a postal ticket, offer reasonable compensation
for their loss.

i.e. Overstay MSA by 1 hour…reasonable:10/20 quid…not reasonable 120 quid!

stagedriver, looks like we’re on a similar page!

You are not obliged to pay them anything.

Unless the parking co owns the land they have absolutely no grounds to ‘charge/fine’ you.

They will send fake court papers, debt collector letters (Which if you investigate will be the same co) and everything.

The first and fatal mistake is to respond to them.

NEVER respond.

I think this was tested in court just a few weeks ago.
These companies have no grounds to take any one to court, only the land owner can.
They have been told the charge to take somebody to court will be £27 them, win or lose.
And they have been told that the charge should be reasonable.
They were told this by the judge, I am sure some one will point in the right direction to the case, as it was posted a couple of weeks ago.

This subject was on ITV Daybreak this morning but not one person brought up what would happen if the registered keeper ignored it