Chris Hooper

Hooper parks his truck at the yard right on saddlers farm roundabout on the A13 at Benfleet, seen his truck parked there many times on passing. Lovely bloke met him at a dog show in Brentwood a few years ago. Big Hands.

does anyone knows how many trucks chris used to have in the past ? , i think he used to have a couple of transconti`s , i read this once in an article in a truck magazine

An F89, 4 Transcontinentals, a 143 and a 95-500 daf ■■ I think !

Does anybody know if he’s still doing M/E work??

when I spoke to him last year he said he was going to try and come on trucknet.

if he can teach himself a few languages he should be able to work a pc!

Does anybody know what happend to Chris’s Transcon?? i’d heard he had sold it, but i havent seen it since. Was it bought for preservation, or did it go to MiddleEast for extended service??

yes he sold it in the middle east when i last see him that what he told shirley temple told me

Shame, she was a lovely old tool with alot of history under her belt, would of been nice to save tha one. Still, buisness is buisness and if she was still up for alot of hard graft, why not eh? probably got alot of motor for a attractive price!!

dozer:
Does anybody know if he’s still doing M/E work??

when I spoke to him last year he said he was going to try and come on trucknet.

if he can teach himself a few languages he should be able to work a pc!

I was wiv hooperman in Patras back in august,there where 4 of them on routeto italy to get loaded back to Dubai,the trip had taken them about 7/8 weeks,so they needed to turnround & go back east to make up for it,wen i got on boat to ancona, they discussing wether they should return on boat to greece & then boat to Isreal, or go overland,If u read this cris,it was nice to spend a couple of days in your company after so long,u all take care out ther, all the best mac,soper&billy reeder. macsdaff

You can put me down for a copy of your book ian

im a newbie on trucknet & like others on this tread im a bit to young ( just turned 40) to have sampled the M/E run

being from Stoke myself i know there were a lot of international companies from this area & quite a few doing the M/E run

i cant drive anymore due to an accident but spend most of my time doing a few models & Ian i am in the process of doing a F88 in Brit-European livery a copy of the one that you used to drive to the M/E.

Guy’s
keep up the good work on trucknet with the stories & pictures

cheers
gaz

Thers an article by Chris following a trip by him and two others down to kuwait. Chris was driving the white dutch reg 144 shown at the top of the thread one was in a magnum and another in a new actros. Well worth a read.

Hullo Ian,
When the long awaited book comes out, yes you can definately put me down for a copy ( Signed by the Author of course ). Mind you I`m 71 now, will I live long enough I wonder. So come on, finger out.
Cheers, Archie.

I want a copy of your book please… :wink:

There is a feature on Chris Hooper in the latest edition of Trucking magazine… :wink: